Speaker out > Headphone amp/Headphones?
Jun 5, 2008 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kabeer

Vintage Ortho Ninja 🥷
Hi,

My question is, if there is tube guitar amplifier with a speaker out 1/4" mono plug (4ohm/5W minimun rated).
(Also another one is 15W into 8ohm)

Is there some way to run this to my headphone amp and headphones?
My weak understanding is that this requires some reactive element (such as a speaker). So confused how to get this to work.

For those interested in what im doing I am looking at taking the speaker-out from a Fender Vibro champ xd (4ohm) or a blues Jr (8 ohm).

And running this to my headphones. An alternative would be to run it to a line out signal.

Reason: These tube amps are too bloomin loud!! But I want that tube tone that you cant get any other way, at whisper levels in my bedroom.

Thanks!!!!

Jun 5, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 3
you could build an adapter (a bunch of resistors) to power your headphone like I did with my power amplifier. Just bear in mind that you can only get mono out of it. But you've gotta get your facts about the power level right and pick the right set of resistors.

Jun 6, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #3 of 3
Find a schematic for a Marshall Studio 15. One of the only full tube amps that had a real headphone out.

Copy the section from where they cut signal from the speaker out all the way to the HP out, get it the right power and build it in an external box and you'll have what you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back