speaker inputs
Jan 31, 2010 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

keanej6

500+ Head-Fier
quick question: can someone explain why there are 4 inputs in this speaker? does this have anything to do with bi-wiring? will it work if i just hook it up with 2 terminals like how i'm used to?

Jan 31, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #2 of 4
There are 2 sets of inputs on the back of the speaker so that you can bi-wire or bi-amp your speakers. You could also power each of the 2 drivers in the speaker separately by connecting the speaker wires to your amplifier and then to whichever set of binding posts that is connected to the driver you want to power, but to do this, you will have to remove the gold platted connectors that link the LF - and HF- and the LF+ and HF+. I assume you understand the concept of bi-wiring and bi-amping, but I will just stick to answering your question. With the binding posts the way they are, you would only need to connect your speaker cables to the LF- and LF+, which in other words are the last two inputs on the back of your speaker. Don't forget to make sure the polarity is correct before you hook your speakers up to your amplifier. Hope that answers your question and happy listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back