Speaker gurus: Where to start researching everything 'speaker'?
May 27, 2014 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TooPoor

500+ Head-Fier
 So we're looking at houses and I'm looking to move over into the speaker world. I have been dumping all my discretionary $$ into headphones and headphone amps because we're in an apartment. Now, I'd like to shift over into the speaker world. Unfortunately, I don't know much about speakers or speaker amps. What resources/forums do you recommend?? I'm looking to start my journey with a pair of KEF LS50s and build a system from there.

May 27, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #3 of 5
   So we're looking at houses and I'm looking to move over into the speaker world. I have been dumping all my discretionary $$ into headphones and headphone amps because we're in an apartment. Now, I'd like to shift over into the speaker world. Unfortunately, I don't know much about speakers or speaker amps. What resources/forums do you recommend?? I'm looking to start my journey with a pair of KEF LS50s and build a system from there.

My advice would be to select the house first and determine the room in the house where the speakers would go before deciding on a particular speaker. Results vary greatly based on the size and dimensions of the space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back