speaker forum?
Mar 4, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #2 of 7
I think this question's been asked within the past month or so several times.

Here's what I can remember off the top of my head

audiocircle
audioasylum
avsforum

Mar 4, 2005 at 3:15 PM Post #4 of 7
You might laugh, but I only use head-fi for speaker chat. This forum is my only audiohome.
tongue.gif

Mar 4, 2005 at 4:06 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
You might laugh, but I only use head-fi for speaker chat. This forum is my only audiohome.
tongue.gif

heh, I'm in the same boat. I don't even really own headphones anymore with the exception of a pair of ER6i's for the gym and some K-501s/OBH-11 at home. I'm mostly interested int he cables,power,tweaks, speaker and the dedicated souce sections.

Audioasylum really does have some great info on it as well but I hate the software they use.

Also, once upon a time harmonic discord was a decent site to check out.

Mar 4, 2005 at 4:15 PM Post #7 of 7
avsforum was some great help to me not long ago when I was looking for speakers. Nice thing about that forum is you can also get help with everything related (except headphones
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Edit: BTW if you're curious I ended up with a set of Ascend speakers, often compared to Axiom speakers which you will probably see suggested a fair amount. I do highly recommend finding someone local on Ascend's forums to help give you a listen if you are looking in that price range (or even a little higher, they certainly compare). I was glad I did, saved me some money and gave me the sound I was looking for, and the service from the company is outstanding.

Also, in addition to forums, don't forget to look what's said on audioreview.com. Some people make suggestions even though they've only heard the speakers they own. Always listen for yourself (but you know that, you're a head-fi person
wink.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back