Speaker for Travagan's amp ??
Sep 19, 2008 at 9:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ppxnouse

Head-Fier
Hi,

I finally ordered a travagan's HP amp for my PC dektop system.

Since they only provide a max. output of 5Vrms I am looking for some good speakers that can be powered by this little amp.

My favourite HPs are K601 / K701 and some Ultrasone (Depending on my mood any music). I listen to 50% pop/rock/electro 30% 50s-70s jazz and maybe 20% classical music.

Curerntly my local hifi store has a good deal on some Denon 303 speakers. I also have an eye on the Amphin Ion headroom offers.

I just wonder if these can be driven by the Travagan's and if it would make sense to attach such speakers to them.

I would kindly ask you to make some suggestions for high efficient small speakers that may make a good fit with the little Travagan's.

Thank you for your help.

Sep 21, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #2 of 2
Wait until you receive the Red, then take it to the speaker store with your source and interconnects and try some speakers.

I would guess that the Denon with 200 watt power handling may be too inefficient without trying them with it first. I haven't tried many speakers with my red, because I primarily drive a Stax transformer with it. The Stax sound much better than any of the speakers I have tried (Travagans speakers and Velodyne 2-way satellite).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back