speaker cone cracked
Mar 21, 2012 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ismelllikepoop

100+ Head-Fier
Not sure where this goes since this is a headphone forum, but i have a set of bookshelf speakers i've had for about 8 months, revel m12's.  Never moved them around, no kids around poking them.  Randomly when i decided to clean the apt and took off the grills to clean them, I noticed a small 1cm crack in one of the woofers.  Does that ever happen without a traumatic finger-poke ie someone not telling me they decided to mash them, or could that happen with a manufacturing defect?  Seems strange since you'd have to put a good amount of pressure on them to do that especially with how they are sitting and that the grill cloth shows no stretches in that region.  

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #3 of 4
Second time i removed the grills.  I figure i would've noticed that the first time around.  Anyways when I look up close it does look like it cracked.  I wouldn't think that could happen unless someone hit it pretty hard so im leaning towards someone not letting me know they hit the speaker (though dont know anyone that would have done that accidentally or not, and no kids have been in my apt.)  Anyways just wasn't sure if that could even happen without someone actually physically hitting the speaker

Mar 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #4 of 4
Its funny, I'm a having a similar isssue.
I'm not sure, but I think someone has been coming into my home and subversively applying what appears to be a hard shiny substance to 2 of my Vifa woofers.  Oddly, the sound hasn't really changed so I don\t lose much sleep about it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back