Spatial Sound Card Software Virtual Surround 7.1
Apr 14, 2018 at 7:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

x7007

100+ Head-Fier
What do you guys think about this compare to the GSX 1000 ?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/444970/SPATIAL_SOUND_CARD/

There is also this version
http://www.newaudiotechnology.com/en/new-free-spatial-sound-card-version-available/
https://spatialsoundcard.com/
We’re proud to announce a new Spatial Sound Card GE (Gamer Edition) version, and the best of this news is, THIS VERSION IS FOR FREE!:)
Everbody can start with this Windows application without paying a cent. It offers one of our most famous presets New York, to have much more fun by playing games and watching videos but also enjoying music. Just download it without any registration from the side of our new distribution partner on www.spatialsoundcard.com. And if you like to extend the features you can do it instantly just from the application interface.

With Steam you get very cheap all the settings + 5 Locations for the same price . you can also get it cheaper from G2A for like 7$. but you need Steam to be opened I don't like that.

So I bought it again without steam because I only use New York Location for 10$.

I bought it and it seems really good, I'm not sure if better than the GSX , but it should do the same thing but in better way maybe.

The only issue is that it's cheap but you need to use STEAM , if you buy it from the other store then it's expensive but you don't need STEAM.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...o_technology_sstd_spatial_sound_card_ssc.html

The Spatial Sound Card (SSC) Pro Standard from New Audio Technology is a virtual sound card that enables stereo and surround monitoring up to 7.1 on a computer using just standard headphones. Professional monitoring of audio content usually requires complex speaker installations, for which both budget and space may not be available.

Hence the SSC is recommended for media professionals working in audio, video or game development as well as for agencies and companies with workstations that need high quality audio monitoring without having actual speaker setups. The virtual sound card is inserted between the audio software and the audio hardware. The room virtualizations are based on a constantly growing number of high end studios and dub stages like the ARRI Stage One, MSM Munich, and others.

To optimize the virtualization, the software provides parameters to customize the frequency curve of the used headphones. Presets for a lot of well-known headphone models are included, with more to follow. The Spatial Sound Card Pro works with all applications that support multi-channel audio output. These include media players like VLC and FLAC-Player as well as video and audio workstations.

Stereo and surround monitoring up to 7.1 on a computer using just standard headphones
Room virtualizations based on a number of high end studios and dub stages like the ARRI Stage One, MSM Munich, and others
Many professional headphone model presets
Works with all applications that support multi-channel audio output

http://www.newaudiotechnology.com/en/products/spatial-sound-card/
The Spatial Sound Card (SSC) Pro is a software-based, virtual sound card. Professional monitoring of audio content usually requires complex, high-quality speaker installations, for which both budget and space are needed. The Spatial Sound Card Pro enables monitoring of stereo and surround up to 7.1 using binaural loudspeaker virtualizations with regular headphones on the computer.

The Spatial Sound Card Pro is inserted into audio source software, operating system and audio hardware. The binaural room virtualizations originate from a constantly growing number of high-end studios and dub stages like the ARRI Stage One, MSM Munich and others. The technology used in the SSC was used on major Blu-Ray releases (e.g. The Expendables I -III, Fifth Element and Kraftwerk 3D).

To optimise the virtualization the SSC provides parameters to customise the frequency curve of the used headphones. Presets for a lot of well-known headphone models are included, more will follow.

The Spatial Sound Card Pro works with all applications that support multichannel audio output. These include media players like VLC and FLAC-Player as well as video / audio workstations, games and VR applications. The SSC is recommended for media professionals from the audio, music, VR, video, games and multi media domain as well as for agencies and companies with workstations that need high-quality audio monitoring.

The “Stereo” version is limited to a maximum of two (“stereo”) channels for monitoring.
With the “Standart” version you can handle up to 8 channels (“7.1″ Surround”).

New fetures in the free Version 2 Upgrade (current standard version):

• Enhanced processing, needs less CPU power
  • Retina display support
  • New locations
  • GUI enhancements
  • Improved mouse over parameter display and editing
  • “Latency Target Setting” – allows managing CPU consumption and enables proper working with more external devices.
  • Bugfixes

http://www.minnetonkaaudioshop.com/...eb9/?ObjectPath=/Shops/MASIShop/Products/SSTD

http://www.minnetonkaaudioshop.com/SSTR

Spatial Sound Card Pro (SSC) Stereo

Product no.: SSTR
The Spatial Sound Card App – Stereo is a software based, virtual sound card. It provides virtual speakers for stereo monitoring on computers or via external devices like digital audio converters (DACs) with standard headphones. Professional monitoring of audio content usually requires complex, high-quality speaker installations, for which both budget and space are needed. The Spatial Sound Card – Stereo enables monitoring of stereo standard headphone on the computer.

The Spatial Sound Card is a virtual sound card that is inserted between software, operating system and audio hardware. The room virtualizations originate from a constantly growing number of high end studios and dub stages like the ARRI Stage One, MSM Munich and others. The technology used in the SSC was used on major Blu-Ray releases (e.g. The Expendables I and II).

To optimize the virtualization the SSC provides parameters to customize the frequency curve of the used headphones. Presets for a lot of well-known headphone models are included, more will follow soon.

The Spatial Sound Card works with all applications that support audio output. These include media players like VLC and FLAC-Player as well as video and audio workstations. The SSC is recommended for high-end audio user, media professionals from the audio, video or games area as well as for agencies and companies with workstations that need high quality audio monitoring.

The Spatial Sound Card App (SSC) Stereo enables monitoring of stereo sources with a standard headphone on the computer. Includes 2 seats of SSTR. Platform: Win 7 or newer 32/64bit or Mac OS X 10.7 or newer 32/64 bit.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #2 of 14
Wow, it has equalization for some headphones too. I am looking for something like this. Currently, I use dolby headphone from a sound card to an optical dac, but I want to try some xmos usb dacs, so I need a good software solution.

I would like it on all the time, not just with steam, and I need the ability to set windows to 7.1, unlike windows sonic for headphone and the dolby atmos for headphone windows app. That's possible with this software?

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 14
Wow, it has equalization for some headphones too. I am looking for something like this. Currently, I use dolby headphone from a sound card to an optical dac, but I want to try some xmos usb dacs, so I need a good software solution.

I would like it on all the time, not just with steam, and I need the ability to set windows to 7.1, unlike windows sonic for headphone and the dolby atmos for headphone windows app. That's possible with this software?
Did you test it ? there is also Trial version that keep a little ding sound every couple seconds as part of trial.

Like I explained you can download free from here with limited options
https://spatialsoundcard.com

and then upgrade license $9.99 . and you won't need steam.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #5 of 14
You have antivirus like Eset ? try to disable it , for me for some stupid reason it block the connection , didn't detect anything after I downloaded it just blocked the connection .

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #6 of 14
Really wish they could agree on a common standard for this. Windows have its own options like Atmos and Sonic which only works for movies or games that fully support it which is VERY rare.
Then the soundcards have theyre own and then some games actually have theyre own Spatial Sound technology as well. This is not something a end user should have to worry about.

May 3, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #7 of 14
I used SSC for a while, as that was the alternative to affording a GSX 1000.
It works to a certain degree but I felt that the positional audio is still a bit vague.

Recently I found EqualizerAPO and HeSuVi (Headphone Surround Virtualization)
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hesuvi/

After equalizing for my headphone (Philips Fidelio X2, Massdrop HiFiMan HE4XX) it worked so well that I feel I can stop searching for my ideal headphone surround sound solution.

You can try out its imitation of GSX, OOYH, Sonic, Atmos, CMSS, SBX for free.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #8 of 14
A lot of great information in this thread.

I've personally been looking for a good setup for gaming. I do play a variety of games but I care mostly about FPS gaming. Obviously positional audio is important in that genre of gaming and I've used this site to help me get started. I currently have the AD700X and although I've played around with my computer settings to find a pretty decent setup, I feel like I can still get more.

I currently have windows sonic 7.1 on with Live EQ on at 24bit/48000hz and and although I can hear very detailed positional audio, but again I still strongly believe it could be better. I'm using a laptop so optical connections is not an option. I was looking to get the DT990 Pro to potentially be an all in one headphones for movies, as the AD700X are so boring for movies.

I was looking at the Creative X7 but to be honest I have no idea if something like that would even make a difference. In my position, and keeping in mind that I am using a laptop with no optical connection (SPDIF), is their something else I can do to better my overall gaming audio?

May 4, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #9 of 14
I do play a variety of games but I care mostly about FPS gaming. Obviously positional audio is important in that genre of gaming and I've used this site to help me get started. I currently have the AD700X and although I've played around with my computer settings to find a pretty decent setup, I feel like I can still get more.

I was looking at the Creative X7 but to be honest I have no idea if something like that would even make a difference. In my position, and keeping in mind that I am using a laptop with no optical connection (SPDIF), is their something else I can do to better my overall gaming audio?

The AD700X is a reasonable set of cans for gaming, I wouldn't honestly bother going much better, it is possible to get better audio quality with better headphones and Z has some great and expensive recommendations but lets put a pin that for now.

The main thing is you are using Windows sonic, and that isn't good positional audio really. The creative X7 and creative cards in general are SBX Pro based and that is decent for surround positioning but they adjust the sound in an unfortunate way for most making it sound hollow. The Sennheiser GSX 1000 is a lot better as it achieves similar positional quality but without the same level of hollow sound. But we have Equilizer API and Hesuvi now and these I feel are the things to try. Get those installed and setup and then see how the positional sound is. I can't personally speak to how close it is to the actual hardware because it wont run over the AMP (although I will try it at some point). It is a free and it has the greatest potential for improving the types of games you play combined with changing the ingame setting to output 7.1 into the 7.1 set in your Windows sound settings etc.

May 4, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #10 of 14
I agree regarding Equalizer API and Hesuvi. Its amazing! Windows Sonic doesnt even work does it? For me it only sounds like stereo with reverb. I think most games dont support it as well as Dolby Atmos as Windows presents itself as a 2-channel device.

May 6, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #11 of 14
I agree regarding Equalizer API and Hesuvi. Its amazing! Windows Sonic doesnt even work does it? For me it only sounds like stereo with reverb. I think most games dont support it as well as Dolby Atmos as Windows presents itself as a 2-channel device.

I doubt Windows Sonic is really just reverb. There are two elements to making surround sound work in through headphones, the HRTF and the HRIR. The first is all about you and your ear, head and shoulder shape and how the frequencies and timings are changed and Microsoft is probably using a standard and simplified model here. The second is about the room and how sound bounces around it and more than likely that is too powerful an effect currently and done poorly or in the wrong type of room for this type of thing. Some people have always got on just fine with Microsoft's HRTF/HRIR in DirectX headphone mode and I doubt Windows Sonic is much more than that just being applied at a different point in the chain. They are all based on the same fundamentals but the quality of how they do it differs dramatically.

May 6, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #12 of 14
I doubt Windows Sonic is really just reverb. There are two elements to making surround sound work in through headphones, the HRTF and the HRIR. The first is all about you and your ear, head and shoulder shape and how the frequencies and timings are changed and Microsoft is probably using a standard and simplified model here. The second is about the room and how sound bounces around it and more than likely that is too powerful an effect currently and done poorly or in the wrong type of room for this type of thing. Some people have always got on just fine with Microsoft's HRTF/HRIR in DirectX headphone mode and I doubt Windows Sonic is much more than that just being applied at a different point in the chain. They are all based on the same fundamentals but the quality of how they do it differs dramatically.

No im not saying its just reverb :p That would be crazy. But maybe those who think its working in theyre games are just experiencing some reverbs and still its just stereo. Cause Sonic and Dolby Atmos for Headphones, i think i havent found a single game it has worked on ...

Sep 10, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #14 of 14
There is a free version available called Spatial Sound Card GE available at https://spatialsoundcard.com/
This version is limited to 5.1 and a single room "New York".
By clicking the 7.1 button in the settings panel you can buy 7.1 feature and some other rooms for € 10,-.
So you will get a decent version that runs without Steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back