Spastic Ink
Apr 28, 2004 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DRuM

500+ Head-Fier
Take a look at these video clips, ( best ones are at the top of the page), with incredibly well synched up rock music. It's a virtuoso band called Spastic Ink and they've made original music to accompany cartoons. And it's fantastic music! The music even simultaneously replicates the notes of the rabbit speaking in one clip. Amazing!
eek.gif

http://www.spasticink.com/videos.html

And now, check out the drummer doing it >>

http://www.spasticink.com/bobaquanet.wmv

Apr 28, 2004 at 10:21 AM Post #2 of 7
Wow, tough crowd. WAKE UP!

Apr 28, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 7
Well hey, you know, normally I wouldn't give a toss about a post of mine not getting replies, but this time, I'll tell you what I really think. Either people here are ignorant morons or they completely failed to see that there's a thread in this forum worth checking out more than 'the worst music ever made'. Jesus christ.
Oh wait, this thread didn't mention radiohead yet. Now I get it.

Apr 29, 2004 at 1:52 AM Post #4 of 7
DRuM,
Greetings! I just watched the videos and they are amazing! I've been a Spastic Ink fan for a long time. I can't listen to them all of the time because they are so intense, but I love to watch the looks on the faces of the uninitiated when I play it for them for the first time. I get the same looks when I play them the first Mr. Bungle or any Bumblefoot cd too. Mere words never do justice to bands of this ilk and I find that 99.9% of the population just don't get the genius and talent level involved, but there are those of us out there...

Best Regards

Apr 29, 2004 at 1:53 AM Post #5 of 7
Well I for one love spastic ink. They are totally sick, I mean how the hell are you able to make a piece based on a chase that perfectly replicates its actions through music. I actually like there first recorded a little better then there new one, because it was all instrumental.

If you liked spastic ink, the closest music I can think of would be either late era Death (The Sound Of Perseverance) or the band Cynic (Focus) who only released one recorded, but in this recorded they were able to mesh metal, jazz, and a whole bunch of other styles into there only 40 min disc.

Apr 29, 2004 at 5:32 PM Post #6 of 7
Yay! Thanks guys for recognising. There is life in here after all
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back