Spartacus: Blood and Sand
Mar 28, 2010 at 7:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

DeusEx

Headphoneus Supremus
Spartacus;_Blood_and_Sand_2010_Intertitle.png

Anyone watch it?

Mar 28, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #3 of 22
It has blood, boobs (soft ****!) and violence!
wink.gif

Quite hilarious serie if you expect nothing of it and watch it with your brain turned off, altho even then its a bit too much over the top at times.

Mar 28, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #5 of 22
If only any TV channels around here took it on...

Mar 29, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #7 of 22
I am watching it and enjoying it. The action is over the top but pretty good. The plot can get confusing if you miss some episodes.

I agree with Gundogan to turn your brain off when watching it.

Mar 29, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #8 of 22
I enjoy it quite a bit. I thought it was a poor mans Rome series at first & probably is, but, it has a few twists here and there. I look forward to it each week.

Mar 29, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #10 of 22
Just read about Spartacus instead of watching it.

Mar 29, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I loved "Rome".

Me too Hog. Btw, it has been announced that Rome will receive a movie adaption with the original cast.

The "poor man's Rome" statement has me interested. Although with The Tudors about to begin its final season, I don't know how much more melodramatic history I need right now.

Mar 29, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #12 of 22
I did not like the first episode, which had way too much use of CGI (bad looking, at that). I'm glad I stuck with it though as it's become one of my guilty pleasures. To say it's over the top and outrageous is an understatement. I just watched the "Whore" episode last night. It really pushes the boundaries of television even if it is cable. And it certainly puts a different light on Lucy Lawless.

Mar 29, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #13 of 22
I started watching it last night (first 2 eps. are available in HD on http://www.starz.com for free) and got hooked. The plot isn't something to write home about but all the other elements make up for it.

I never thought I'd see Lucy Lawless from this perspective.

Mar 29, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #14 of 22
Rome is a lot better than spartacus. You can kinda tell that a lot of spartacus is CGI, whereas they built a pretty nice set for Rome.

Also, Rome has better writing.

Mar 29, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #15 of 22
Spartacus is quite different from Rome imo. Spartacus is alot more macho and action focused, while Rome seems to offer more 'depth' (I only watched a couple of Rome episodes tho, didnt like it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back