Spacious Cups?
Mar 11, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #31 of 33

I owned the Bose QuietComfort 15 for years. It was one of the most comfortable headphones I've worn. And yeah, the fit is not distracting, so to speak. Using a V-MODA Audio Only Cable in place of the stock cable dramatically increased its sound quality, since the stock cables have extra electronics that interfere with the signal. I had to wrap toilet paper around the connector shell to hold it in place, though, and it switched the channels due to the active circuitry of the headphones. Having to use a AAA battery all the time was kinda annoying, too, but on the upside, they are the most exciting-sounding headphones I've heard, primarily due to the boosted bass and treble.

Are they more like around the ear instead of over? I know they're essentially the same thing but what I mean by around, are they sort of hug your ear? I.e. the rim of your ear sort of goes into the cavity between the drivers and pads?

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #32 of 33
  Are they more like around the ear instead of over? I know they're essentially the same thing but what I mean by around, are they sort of hug your ear? I.e. the rim of your ear sort of goes into the cavity between the drivers and pads?

Circumaural, around-ear, and over-ear typically refer to the same thing, yes. How an ear pad interacts with your ears naturally depends on the size and shape of your ears. The QC15 had a comfortably spacious but "normal" fit for me, whereas the Philips SHP9500 and Sennheiser HD 590 were so huge that they just let my ears float in space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back