Soylent I: Wish You Were Soylent
Sep 15, 2015 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TwinQY

Something about the rear end of a cat

Whoops! Let me fix that...

There we go.

Any of you life-hacking hacks get into this (or any of the meal replacement beverages)?

Sep 16, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 6
I heard one report that Soylent is slightly high in trace metals, not really something that is near legal limits, but higher then expected from a health supplement.

Sep 16, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #3 of 6
I read that on Ars, and was reminded about the whole arsenic in rice debacle (of course that's a bit different in scope). Wonder about the other replacement beverages...

Sep 16, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #5 of 6
I tried it. I liked the taste of the 1.3 formulation but then they went to 1.4 and couldn't really stomach it (tasted 'salty'). I haven't tried it since.

It's a pretty decent meal replacement. I used it during lunch and didn't feel hungry after I drank it. I still have a few packets of 1.4 laying around. If you want to try some and don't mind paying a few bucks for shipping, I can send a bag your way. Just pm me.

Sep 16, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #6 of 6
I was personally interested when it came out as I generally did not have the time to prep a proper lunch (even less so, back when I jogged in the mornings), and all the soggy sandwiches I haphazardly made were never really filling, but constantly made me gassy. Then I read all the reports about Soylent causing gassiness, which made it much less viable an option for myself. I don't know if all of the reformulations have fixed that, if it has then great.

The topic of Soylent popped back up in my head because of a relative who's been having trouble eating properly (partly time-constraint related, partly a loss of appetite for solid foods), experiencing fairly low blood pressure, etc. I've looked at other replacement beverages for her as well, including People Chow and the DIY stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back