Southeast PA (Philly, Lehigh Valley, So. Jersey) Mini-Meet May 7th
Apr 8, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #91 of 211

Quote:
Goldme, where did you get those adapters in particular the dual 3pin to 4pin xlr

I had the dual 3-pin to 4-pin XLR adapter custom made by Redco Audio (I think it cost me around $20). IIRC, I had to call them and explain exactly what I wanted because they didn't have the options needed on the "Create your own Y-cable" page. The balanced to SE adapter came with the K501's I purchased from a fellow Head-Fi'er.

Apr 18, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #94 of 211
Me Two!

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #95 of 211
it was a great group of guys last time out I am really psyched for this meet.

Looks like I'll have the Sonic Studio dac being fed by a new macbook pro to either or both the fetastic and possibly the newly rebuilt Stacker ll (fingers crossed) I should have an LCD 2 and a AD 2k as well,

If anyone is interested I'll have a bunch of hi res files from HD tracks as well as a few of my vinyl transfers

Apr 19, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #98 of 211
Im planning on bringing the following:

Bottlehead SEX
The single-ended-triode amp with triodes replaced with transistors

HD800
HP-1000
K1000 maybe?

Zhalou TC - a zhalou 2.5 with a transformer output stage

Apr 20, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #99 of 211
Quote:
it was a great group of guys last time out I am really psyched for this meet.
Looks like I'll have the Sonic Studio dac being fed by a new macbook pro to either or both the fetastic and possibly the newly rebuilt Stacker ll (fingers crossed) I should have an LCD 2 and a AD 2k as well,
If anyone is interested I'll have a bunch of hi res files from HD tracks as well as a few of my vinyl transfers

hmmm, i haven't had nor heard ad2ks in ages. are yours stock or modded? there are some guys claiming that their lightly modded ad2ks are the equal of near any can that's short of the big bux sota ones.

Quote:
Will you be bringing your Eddie Current? Or was that just a piece you reviewed? Would love to hear one of Craig's amps.

Quote:
Sorry I had it on loan from him, it's his personal home amp at the moment. I love that Eddie Current amp and hope he can go into production with it.

what amp is this and how does it differ form his regular amps?

Quote:
Im planning on bringing the following:
Bottlehead SEX
The single-ended-triode amp with triodes replaced with transistors
HD800
HP-1000
K1000 maybe?
Zhalou TC - a zhalou 2.5 with a transformer output stage

sex is good, though i'm not into it if it's with a group of guys..... 
tongue.gif

k1000 always fun for everyone to hear
wink.gif

dunno yet but i might be working that night so i may have to bail in mid afternoon
rolleyes.gif

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #101 of 211
Do you have a schedule for the day yet?  When do you want folks arriving/leaving?  Should we be bringing foodstuffs/beverages?

Sounds like a bunch of gear coming.  Do you need/want us to bring extension cords/plugboxes (usual meet stuff)?  What else could we bring that would help?

Are you planning some "quiet time" for listening and/or a room for conversations outside of gear space?

Sounds like a fun time!

Frank

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #102 of 211
+1 on the questions above.

I'm planning to take my car from Queens (probably through Manhattan) to NJ where I'll be meeting Howard (Lofty).  We'll be riding down to the meet together from there.

If anyone needs a ride from Queens or Manhattan PM me.

Apr 20, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #103 of 211
Hey Leesure...

Looks like Paul ("1974") and I will be carpooling to the meet.  Can you PM an address at some point?  Looks like about a 3-1/2 hour drive each way.

Planning to bring:
* LCD-2
* Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD - Super-II amp
* Eico HF-81 amp
* Behringer DEQ2496 for playing EQ games
* Squeezebox Touch
* maybe a laptop if the Touch gets quirky

Looking forward to it!

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back