Southeast PA (Philly, Lehigh Valley, So. Jersey) Mini-Meet May 7th
Mar 30, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #63 of 211
Yup, it's under discussion.  I'll be driving down from CT, across the GW bridge, no doubt.  So potentially we might connect somewhere in northern Jersey.  I'll have the Yuppie Wagon, so plenty of room for gear.

Frank

Mar 30, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #65 of 211
I live close to I95 Newark DE exit, if someone comes from south please consider pick me up.  

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #66 of 211
Gear I'm bringing:

Denon AH-D7000 headphones
HiFiMAN HE-5LE headphones
HiFiMAN EF5 amplifier
RME Babyface DAC

All running from a laptop with iTunes.

Maybe we could clean out our ears and bring IEMs too? I have some Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10s.

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #67 of 211
I've always wanted to try out Triple Fi's. And is anyone coming from around the Philly Area willing to pick me up? I got to Upenn, on 37th and spruce. The gear I'm bringing: (Hopefully woodied with Cocobolo shells) Grado sr60i, Fischer Audio FA-011, Maverick D1 amp, Maverick A1 (not for certain yet), Leckerton UHA-6S, Leckerton UHA-4. Uh... and I still need a ride to the meet. --Cheerios

Apr 3, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #68 of 211
looking foward to this meet, I'll likely be bringing my

Source : Macbook pro and Sonic Studio 305 (aka Metric Halo ULN 8 )
Amp: either a Melos Sha Gold Ref or the Stacker mkll or the fetastic (depending on the arrival of the fetastic or stacker ll)
Headphones: LCD 2, AD2ks and Grado 125s

Apr 3, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #69 of 211
The Fettastic will be there. 

I'm never exactly sure what I'm bringing until just before the meet. 

Can I mooch a digital output off of someone (RCA or optica) so I dont have to bring a transport? 

Apr 3, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #72 of 211
Okay, it looks like we're going to have some activities on the weekend this meet is happening, but Head-Fi might be more important (we'll see). If anyone is going to swing by UPenn and pick up zhouf, I'm right around the corner (almost literally) and would also appreciate a ride. Tentative equipment:
My standard GrubDAC + SSMH combo unit (I might have modded the gain switch by this time to reduce hiss)
A Stax SRS2050A system (SR202 + SRM252)
Maybe a Stax SR-X mk3 with an SRD7 and a TA2020-based T-amp out of a uDAC (if the t-amp comes in time, and if I want to lug the whole setup there - probably gonna be heavy)
The K501
DT770/80 with some rudimentary damping mods

Ari, if you end up coming, I would love it if you could bring your own DT770, so I can compare with my damped setup. I never had a reference when I was modding it so I'm not entirely sure what my mods have done. I think I like the sound, though, and my friends have too.

Apr 4, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #75 of 211

Quote:
Aflac, K501?  Nice.  Looking forward to hearing it for the first time.

You could've listened to it at the NYC meet, where I had it as well as the AD2000 (and some of my friends' budget-fi gear)
wink.gif
FWIW I preferred it over the K701.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back