South Philly Meet, April 1st!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #16 of 33
I may be bringing some gear that I may be interested in trading/selling. I'm not sure if this permitted, or is a regular thing.

Hit me up if anyone is interested, and I will definitely come.
  1. ZMF Ori Blackwoods (brand new pads with SE Dyson cable, Cert of Authenticity and Seahorse Case)
  2. Philips A5 PRO
  3. iBasso IT03 iems
  4. Meridian Explorer2 USB DAC (brand new warranty replacement). I'm going to be testing both of these USB DACs, and sell the one I like less)
  5. Encore MDSD by Sonic Unity USB DAC

Gear I would bring that's not for sale:
  1. EMU Teak
  2. Schiit Jotunheim
  3. Schiit Mimby

I also have some Pioneer bookshelf speakers and a center channel I'm looking to move. 

Might be a good chance to save some money, as we can avoid PayPal and shipping! 

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #17 of 33
  I may be bringing some gear that I may be interested in trading/selling. I'm not sure if this permitted, or is a regular thing.

1. ZMF Ori Blackwoods (brand new pads with SE Dyson cable, Cert of Authenticity and Seahorse Case)
  2. Philips A5 PRO
  3. iBasso IT03 iems
  4. Meridian Explorer2 USB DAC (brand new warranty replacement). I'm going to be testing both of these USB DACs, and sell the one I like less)
  5. Encore MDSD by Sonic Unity USB DAC

1. EMU Teak
  2. Schiit Jotunheim
  3. Schiit Mimby

I also have some Pioneer bookshelf speakers and a center channel I'm looking to move. 

Definitely allowed to sell gear. It's great because you can listen before you buy and as you said, save paypal fees/shipping!

First post updated with gear. 

Still trying to get the word out about this. Talking to locals here and hoping we get a decent turnout. Would love a more frequent event for local people who love this hobby. Cannot wait, should be a really fun time for sure!

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #19 of 33
Absolutely!, I really prefer smaller where we can try out a bunch of different setups and still have time to talk to each other. Larger meets with 20-30 setups are too much. You just don't have the time to try out all you want. We can setup combos of systems that maybe you or I want to try out. We can do comparisons between DACs on certain amps, headphones with different setups, etc. Smaller is better I think, and hopefully we can do this every month or two. 

If anyone has ideas for things to try out, please be vocal and I am sure we can make it happen. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #20 of 33

• ZMF Ori Blackwoods (brand new pads with SE Dyson cable, Cert of Authenticity and Seahorse Case)
  • Philips A5 PRO
  • iBasso IT03 iems
  • Meridian Explorer2 USB DAC (brand new warranty replacement). I'm going to be testing both of these USB DACs, and sell the one I like less)
  • Encore MDSD by Sonic Unity USB DAC

• EMU Teak
  • Schiit Jotunheim
  • Schiit Mimby

My Creative X7 has speaker outs so you can hook up your pioneer speakers to play for potential buyers. Do you know the model number? I may be interested in buying them for my workshop.

I will definitely be selling my Sennheiser HD6XX at the meet. $200, they have barely been used and I have all packaging for them. Once I get the free replacement cable, we can Meetup to give that to whoever may buy them. They came with a 46" cable, the replacement is 6' long I believe. Should be shipped out within the next week or two.

Would like to sell my AKG K702 65TH Anniversary as well. Thinking $250, as these are much better than the Chinese K7XX sold on Massdrop for $200. No box unfortunately, but I do have a secondary cable for them that is about 4' long. Great gaming headphone, I just don't use it anymore.

Also my B&O H3 will be for sale. Hardly used, maybe 10 hours total. Have the box, maybe $100.

Getting close, cannot wait and this should be a really fun time. My phone number is 215-730-4346. If you have any difficulty getting here, please call/text. I know the area extremely well, including the suburbs.

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #21 of 33
I have an Auralic Taurus mkII for sale ($900) and Chord Mojo ($420). 

How many people are coming as of now..?

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #22 of 33
I have an Auralic Taurus mkII for sale ($900) and Chord Mojo ($420). 

How many people are coming as of now..?

I've been inviting people from the area, so no clue, lol. I'm guessing 15-20 people, could be more. Apartment dwellers are interested because it's difficult to use stereos in the city. Plus a lot of headphone users on the go here. We'll see, and I hope this can be more regular if there is demand. I'm sure I'll learn a lot about hosting, and suggestions are definitely welcome to improve. Let's make it our event, have fun, and enjoy the venue.

Love your amp Eddy, one of my favorites that I've ever heard. Definitely want to check out the mojo too. May buy that myself. I've heard only good things about it.

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #24 of 33
Apr 1, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #27 of 33
Thanks a lot for organizing. I enjoyed it

Btw, I remembered the name of that amp - Maverick D1

Apr 1, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #28 of 33
Well, the overall turnout may have been a little light, but the moods were enthusiastic and no question, the sound quality was very, very high! Great little venue (thx Mifflin Tavern). When they had a chance even the friendly, attentive wait staff stopped by for a listen. Many thanks to Matt and Eddie for dragging along so much awesome gear. Look forward to more of these local gatherings. And for those who weren't able to attend, here's a quick sampler of what showed up...

Apr 2, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #30 of 33
Well I had a great time. The McIntosh amp was a huge, pleasant surprise!

Those who made it, thank you! It's worth while to see people try out things and smile. Also great listening to inexpensive gear and being shocked. Sennheiser 202 I believe, was a huge surprise, especially at $20!

I can get the venue almost any Saturday, so it's an option. Eddy mentioned a church basement which would be more ideal for listening, so that's an option as well (definitely chip in to cover the $75 fee Eddy).

There's an impressions thread already, probably have to dig it up. I'll start another meet thread to gauge interest for the next meet. Probably won't date it, so we can get a date that works for many. Maybe just a regular Philly area meet thread that can just roll over constantly.

Hopefully just the first of many, thanks again everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back