South Florida Concert Alert - Eric Culberson
Jun 27, 2007 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

tyrion

Can Jam '08 Lead Organizer
This is too important to leave to a pm. The Eric Culberson Blues Band will be at Conine's in Hollywood, Fl on Friday, June 29, 2007. Anyone that was at the SoFla meet a year or so ago that caught them at the Bamboo Room will remember how great the show was. It was 4 hours of Blues. One of the better live shows I've seen.

So Gene, Matt, Stevieo, et al. no excuses, this was a broadcast of the Florida Emergency Concert Network.

Jun 27, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #2 of 18
I'll be there. By the way, Stanley Clarke was amazing on Sunday. You missed that one. If you're not too much of a travel wimp, Tinsley Ellis will be at the Bamboo Room next Friday (the 6th).

Jun 27, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be there. By the way, Stanley Clarke was amazing on Sunday. You missed that one. If you're not too much of a travel wimp, Tinsley Ellis will be at the Bamboo Room next Friday (the 6th).

Jp told me about SC.

I will be in SF on 7/6 so I will definitely miss Tinsley Ellis.

Jun 27, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #5 of 18
IIRC Gene will be on vacation
plainface.gif
. And I wanted to carpool with him
mad.gif
. I'll make the trip somehow. What time do shows fire up at this joint?

Edit, OH THIS WEEKEND. Dude, lots of warning there. Gene will be on vacation in another month which I assumed this to be (JP going away party and such). Umm, let me think about this.

Jun 27, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #6 of 18
Hi. The show starts at 10PM, but jp said we should probably be there around 9PM. I'm planning on picking up dinner at Sublime (gourmet vegan) and bringing it to John's around 7:30. I want to check out his new amp. Do you need a place to crash? If so, call me.

Jun 27, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Hi. The show starts at 10PM, but jp said we should probably be there around 9PM. I'm planning on picking up dinner at Sublime (gourmet vegan) and bringing it to John's around 7:30. I want to check out his new amp. Do you need a place to crash? If so, call me.

I spoke to Matt, he's not going to make it, unfortunately.

Jun 28, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Mike, are you joining us for dinner and will you sell me those ics (just thought I'd slip that in there)?

I think I will pass on dinner only because I would have to drive all the way to jp's. I've done enough driving in the last two weeks.

You don't have to buy the IC, just use it, I have two others and right now I only need one. It is unlikely I will need more than two.

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #13 of 18
< dana carvey> Not gonna do it ... wouldn't be prudent. </dana carvey>

Sorry gang, I can't make tomorrow's EC at Conine's blast. Best I'll be able to pull of is listening to his Live At The Bamboo Room CD through the L3000s.

Unless Matt can rally and get over there, I guess this will be an East Coast joint. I'm bummed, because as Mike said, he puts on a terrific show.

If stevieo comes, it will probably only be for the 2nd set.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 29, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #14 of 18
Gene, Mr Mike called me to let me know that Eric is hitting Bradenton on Saturday, just looked it up it's at Aces Lounge. I've got a date that night with a marine and the new Die Hard movie, so I can't go but you may need to show up and apologize personally for the actions of the gruesome threesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back