South Bay area Head-Fi meet late 2016 + impressions - Alum Rock Library 11-26-16
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #76 of 116
So... does anyone have an iHiFi 990, Cayin N5, Shanling M2, Fiio X5II?  If so, please take it there.  I'd love to hear them.

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #79 of 116
Hey guys, just a thought that crossed my mind - overflow...

Just in case anybody really wants to do much more A/B'ing or demoing things they haven't gotten to before the meet finishes, being only six hours... maybe we can arrange some sort of post-event overflow / continuation to the tune of just a few hours tops? HOWEVER this would have to be completely up to any of you fine folks to set this up, being that I have 0 space for this (just renting a small room in a rooming house myself). So if someone has a chill place for maybe a 1/3rd size meet for a little while after the meet, please post about it here. Thanks!

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #80 of 116
If we do this it should be in the south bay or maybe Fremont as the furthest north. And of course we should take a dinner intermission, and participation in the post-meet would be optional. This may also be a chance to try out some IEMs that we probably won't have time for at the meet. 

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #86 of 116
Looking forward to tomorrow. I didn't see any mention of Roon on here, but if anyone is looking to spend some time with it, I'll be bringing my MBP with Roon and 160K songs, over half in 24bit+. I'm going to have both the Directstream Jr. and X20U connected over USB for simultaneous A/B on both the Ragnarok and Liquid Carbon.

Nov 26, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #87 of 116
Any last minute questions / comments... post 'em if you got 'em while I'm still awake for a bit 
atsmile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back