Sourcing a good enclosure
Oct 29, 2003 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone know of any sites that sell good quality enclosures? I've been hunting about and can't find any
mad.gif

Looking for something approx 435w x 88h x 235d (mm) to house amp and PSU circuits in.

Cheers

Pinkie.

PS, it would be great if they were available to the UK

Oct 29, 2003 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 8
I was pleased with Par Metals (in US).
There is a link in the link thread.

They'll build enclosures to your
specifications at a reasonable price.
(Custom made cases are not much more expensive
than standard ones)

Oct 29, 2003 at 5:46 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Does anyone know of any sites that sell good quality enclosures? I've been hunting about and can't find any
mad.gif

Looking for something approx 435w x 88h x 235d (mm) to house amp and PSU circuits in.

Cheers

Pinkie.

PS, it would be great if they were available to the UK

That's basically a 19" 2-unit rack, but with a different front panel. If you can do a new panel yourself, you can buy a 19" rack. Otherwise there's this, which is spot-on what you're looking for. Not sure about availability in the UK though, it's from Monacor.

/U.

Nov 6, 2003 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 8
maplin in the uk make sell their own aluminium boxes, not too expensive and imo are nice, have recently built a discrete multiloop amp in one, ill try and get pics.

col

Nov 8, 2003 at 1:17 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Nisbeth
Pinkie, the Monacor case I posted about is available from Williams-Hart in the UK, but (gasp!) the price is rather high (~75 pounds
eek.gif
).

/U.

Yeh, he is a bit steep with his pricing! I managed to source a lovely case from an Italian company thank to London Luke providing the link
smily_headphones1.gif

They only charge 28 Euros for it and it's a better case than Shaun Williams Monacor one at £75

http://www.audiokit.it/ITAENG/Cabine...000-Galaxy.htm

Cheers Luke :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back