Sources for PGP Whole Disk Encryption?
Mar 17, 2009 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Laptopia

500+ Head-Fier
I want to purchase a license of PGP Whole Disk Encryption 9.91 for Windows (Vista) and PGP Whole Disk Encryption for OS X 9.91. The only place I have seen it sold is at PGP's own web site for $119 per license.

While I am sure it is worth it, I would like to find it cheaper. I've Googled around, but wasn't able to find anything. Any ideas?

(Thanks in advance: Bittorent and borrowing from a friend are not viable options, and I am not currently considering alternative software.)

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #2 of 4
Found on PGP's site: If you buy v. 9.5, you are eligible for an immediate upgrade to the latest version. If true, there appear to be lots of sources in the $50 to $60 range.

Mar 20, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by pat1006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you looked into alternatives such as truecrypt: TrueCrypt - Free Open-Source On-The-Fly Disk Encryption Software for Windows Vista/XP, Mac OS X and Linux

Truecrypt is an excellent solution as well, but I decided upon the PGP product for a few reasons, primarily its seamlessness and power.

I ended up finding a Windows license for about $70 at Dell, FTW! Looks as if I am going to have to shell out about $110 for the Mac equivalent.

Worth it, I think . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back