source
Oct 1, 2008 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Devon8822

100+ Head-Fier
If I have headphones into a dedicated amp, than the dedicated amp into my computer... will the computers soundcard effect the sound quality? if so how much?

Is it possible to plug the dedicated amp into an audio interface (for recording) and use it as a soundcard, and from the audio interface into the computer via firewire. A lot of people use their audio interfaces as a soundcard to plug their powered speakers into. Will it work for headphones and an amp?

Oct 2, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #2 of 5
It sure will, since it will be all dependent on the quality of the card and its built in DAC. How much is hard to say, since it depends on a lot of factors.

Oct 2, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 5
Its Heaven or Hell in my case.My onboard card sucs so bad. so noisy and summing. sounds like an old audiocassette. I now use esi julia@ and man it is like a dream. So quiet and detailed.Listening to music with new ears..

Oct 3, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #4 of 5
If i get an external DAC... does that replace everything the sound card does? In other words... does a good quality soundcard matter anymore if you have a separate dac?

How much is a good dac? and will say... a $200 soundcard be as good as an equivalent DAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back