source question
May 20, 2003 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

zeplin

1000+ Head-Fier
Can I hook up my Receiver to my Cosmic and run my headphones out of my Cosmic so I can have some Bass and treble control? My source would be my Sony CD/DVD player. The reason being is because I know my stand alone source is better than my PCDP source, but I get no bass from just my HR Cosmic and Stand alone...I mean no bass, but everything else sound great!! Will I be able to play music without the sound coming from my Speakers, which are also connected to my receiver? I have no idea what to do? BTW, my Onkyo receiver does have pre outs, if that means anything. Thanx for the help
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2003 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 6
If you hook your cosmic up to reciever, by way of line level out, then I don't think you will be able to use the bass and trebel settings on the reciever to affect sound on your headphones. The line level out bypasses all that stuff I think.

May 20, 2003 at 3:40 AM Post #3 of 6
I've been fooling around and here's what I've come up with...
If I go from my stand alone CD>to my receiver's line IN, and out of my receiver's pre-outs>then to my HR Cosmic line IN's...
I get sound out of my headphones, and I can control the bass and treble, but I can't find a way to stop the sound from coming out of my speakers. And it sounds very good too, I might add. But I remember reading somewhere that if I unhook my speaker connections from the back of my receiver, while playing msuic through the receiver in any way, it will wreck my receiver?? But I'm not sure??? Anymore help would be greatly appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2003 at 5:15 AM Post #5 of 6
I really can't find any speaker selector??? But I did unhook the neg input on the back of both my front speakers thus muting the sound. But still, even through my Cosmic, Onkyo, and stand alone, there is not enough wieght to the music. Plus, the bass, the bass is just lifeless and dull compared to even my SlimX. However, the upper end of the spectrum is perfect and full with a rich high end! I guess I just like impact and punch, especially with techno and acid Jazz...bass is a serious part of that type of music. It's wierd because I know I'm not a bass head. Do most of you listen to your stand alones without any bass or treble adjustments from amps or EQ's?

Thanx 007 for your help
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2003 at 3:00 PM Post #6 of 6
Well, I didn't really give you any useful information....but I tried.
smily_headphones1.gif

I listen to my headphones without any bass or treble adjustments. I figure if I don't like the sound, I should just get different headphones, amp, source, or IC's. Better to fix the problem, then just mask it with EQ settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back