Source for Sennheiser HD800 Headphone Connectors
Feb 22, 2011 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

balderon

1000+ Head-Fier
I am searching for a pair of Sennheiser HD800 Headphone Connectors. Moon Audio is out of stock, Lawton Audio has not returned my e-mail, and Parts Connexion is overpriced. Anyone else know of a USA source for this part?

Thanks for looking.

Feb 22, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #4 of 10
I think I have a spare set of the APS ones lying around that I'd happily sell you for less than they ask

Theyre my favorite vendor for these, since theirs accepts a larger gauge than any of the others

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
I think I have a spare set of the APS ones lying around that I'd happily sell you for less than they ask

Theyre my favorite vendor for these, since theirs accepts a larger gauge than any of the others

I appreciate it El_Doug! Sounds like an offer I can't refuse!  PM'd

Mar 31, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #6 of 10
Apuresound and PCX both sell these for $50 a pair.  They used to cost $16 per pair direct from ODU, but ODU was told by Sennheiser not to sell them to anyone a few months ago, as they are technically a copyrighted Sennheiser design.  Somehow Apuresound convinced Sennheiser to authorize them to get them from ODU, although it may be the case that they simply had them custom made, we don't know.  ALO and Moon are also both working on getting their own custom made, at likely greatly-reduced prices.  It's possible that Sennheiser will flip out and sue people using their design, which would be hilarious.  I've been quiet about this for a while, but decided to speak up.  This problem has been my nightmare for the past 2 months.  

Mar 31, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:

Do you mean that the bottom cap is pre-drilled?  You can do that yourself, but it's nice that they do it, saves me a few minutes.  I recommend dipping the contacts in liquid flux, tinning them, then cutting a piece of thick glueshrink in a tiny rectangle to sit between the pins before soldering.

Apr 2, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #8 of 10
I contacted ODU about buying some of these connectors who put me in contact with Sennheiser. Sennheiser replied after a while and asked me to contact my local Sennhesier office who WILL sell the connectors to me. I haven't enquired on a price yet, but I'd imagine it's a lot less than the $50 or so these third party folks are charging.

Apr 2, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
I contacted ODU about buying some of these connectors who put me in contact with Sennheiser. Sennheiser replied after a while and asked me to contact my local Sennhesier office who WILL sell the connectors to me. I haven't enquired on a price yet, but I'd imagine it's a lot less than the $50 or so these third party folks are charging.

Please can you keep posting how it will end, because if all goes fine, I will also contact Sennheiser and or ODU :)

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

I contacted Sennheiser USA and they quoted $50 USD for one connector. PCX and APS are selling a pair for the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back