Source for M Cubed , HD650
Aug 8, 2005 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

sassysound

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Im looking for a source for M cubed headphone amp and hd650

I was considering buying CE595 or Onix-88 or DAC1 but I can't seem to make a choice.

I'm willing to spend up to 1k but I'm not sure if the sound improvement I get from buying dac1 willbe worth it. Also since I have a decent headphone amp, I feel spending money of dac1 which also has a good headphone amplifier seem unjustified.

How cheap souding is CE595? Is there a huge difference between say, CE595 and NAD ($300+) amplifiers? Is this a good for 150 cdp or a good cdp that compares to other expensive brands?

what about onix 88? how does this compare to 595?

Any comment would be appreciated

Aug 10, 2005 at 1:59 AM Post #2 of 11
I'm extremely happy with my Sony SCD-C2000ES paired with my M^3. I've also heard the CE595, and though inexpensive, it doesn't really sound "cheap" at all.

Aug 10, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Check mall-fi for "Rockhopper Audio". The owner is thrice (a member here) and he's got a great rep.

HTH,

Nate

And if you get a hold of him let us know, I've beed waiting for a reply for over two weeks.

Aug 10, 2005 at 5:48 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Danger
And if you get a hold of him let us know, I've beed waiting for a reply for over two weeks.

He was on vacation last week. I just received an email from him yesterday asking how I liked my new amp. Never had any problems with email communication, and he always replied within a reasonable amount of time.

Aug 10, 2005 at 6:30 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Try PM'ing MisterX to build an M^3 amp for you.

He does excellent work, and is very fast to respond.

-Ed

The original thread starter is looking for a source to match with his M^3.

Aug 10, 2005 at 12:20 PM Post #9 of 11
Yeah, I finally got that too. It's a weird thread title throwing people off I think.

On topic - I've found the M3 to be pretty tolerant of bad sources, much less so that a PPA that I've played with. Any good, fast, detailed source should pair very nicely with the M3. If I had unlimited funds I'd go for a used Meridian.

Aug 10, 2005 at 12:53 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman
The original thread starter is looking for a source to match with his M^3.

Ah, right oh, there.

Carry on.

That's what happens when you click on threads too quickly after a "new posts" search.

-Ed

Aug 11, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #11 of 11
Tolerant of bad sources?

I'm not sure if that's good thing or not.

Is it tolerant because it kills details that a bad source might be outputting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back