Source for Connectors
Aug 12, 2022 at 6:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BShaw

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all, I'm building a couple of balanced cables, one for my Senn 650, and another for my Sundaras. I'm having trouble finding connectors for the Sundaras, which use 3.5mm mono tips. I found some real cheapos on Aliexpress, but can't seem to find anything of quality. Does anyone have a source for them?
Thank you!

Aug 12, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi all, I'm building a couple of balanced cables, one for my Senn 650, and another for my Sundaras. I'm having trouble finding connectors for the Sundaras, which use 3.5mm mono tips. I found some real cheapos on Aliexpress, but can't seem to find anything of quality. Does anyone have a source for them?
Thank you!
There arent many options for high quality 3.5mm TS connectors.

Just get the TRS connectors and wire them either both RS to ground or whatever pinout the sundaras use. Theres plenty of options, furutech, oyaide, viablue, etc.

Aug 12, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 5
There arent many options for high quality 3.5mm TS connectors.

Just get the TRS connectors and wire them either both RS to ground or whatever pinout the sundaras use. Theres plenty of options, furutech, oyaide, viablue, etc.
Thank you Doug, I had thought to do that but not sure how to make the ground connections. Wouldn't I just run the positive to the tip tag and forget about the ring tag? I'll get the connectors from Moon Audio, I'm using their Blue Dragon cable.

Aug 12, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 5
Thank you Doug, I had thought to do that but not sure how to make the ground connections. Wouldn't I just run the positive to the tip tag and forget about the ring tag? I'll get the connectors from Moon Audio, I'm using their Blue Dragon cable.
You can use a short piece of wire to use as a jumper to connect both or just not connect the ring or sleeve, same as whichever the hifiman pinout uses. I like to have the cables connect both just in case I want to sell it or use it for a different headphone that also uses a 3.5mm connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back