Source for 10k stereo mini-potentiometer?
Nov 5, 2009 at 7:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

12Bass

100+ Head-Fier
This might be a silly question....

I'd appreciate some help in sourcing a replacement volume control for my Echo Gina24. The original (pictured below) is a miniature 10k stereo audio taper pcb-mount potentiometer with a beveled shaft which protrudes about 15 mm from the body. It became scratchy and produced DC on the right at one part of the rotation, then later became intermittent in the left channel. This pot looks very similar to those used in DIY headphone amps, which is why I thought this would be a good place to ask....

Thanks!

mini 10k audio stereo pcb-mount potentiometer.jpg

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #3 of 4
I believe this bourns pot is the very same pot. Note that the shaft is not as pictured - it is actually a flatted shaft like yours.
However the Alps RK097 should be a nice pin compatible upgrade.

EDIT also it looks like you've pulled a trace off your pcb (the orange thing), so you may need to do a little repair at that spot too

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the help!

Yep, the Bourns part looks suspiciously similar. Are the Alps pots better for some reason? Not sure I'd have enough space for an RK27... and not sure if it is even available in 10k dual audio taper.

FWIW, I've mostly been ordering parts from Digi-Key; however, they don't stock much in terms of audio pots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back