Soundware MR1 FGPA music player
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #2 of 10
This seem like a very interesting music player at least on specifications side.
There was no thread and thought to start one.
What are your thoughts?
://penonaudio.com/Soundaware-MR1

Hi!  I created a thread a while ago for the MR1, but it never took off.  Might be little interest in this dap possibly?  I am not competing with you or anything.  Just curious why nobody seems to be interested as well. 

Cheers

Riley

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #4 of 10
Hi, sorry didn't see your thread and been looking for one. I was interested to know if anyone knows more about this music player.We can lock this thread and yours instead,is fine with me.

Oh I had no replies in my thread.  I really do not care that you started a thread at all.  Don't worry about locking it.  I am just glad somebody else is aware of this dap.  I heard one really positive formal review on it somewhere.  I can't remember where it has been months.  It is really nice based on looks.  I would prefer a touchscreen though in all honest.  The wheel actually are buttons on top left, right and bottom.  It is not actually a scrollwheel.  I emailed Soundaware about this dap a long time ago when I first saw it on their website.  It is too expensive for me.  I see a few mentions of this dap on the M1 Esther threads every once in a while.  I don't know if most people really liked the M1 for the most part or not.  It seemed like a lot of people did not care for the M1 early on and now those people don't have too much activity in those threads and a few newer adopters seem to love it, but take this with a grain of salt or two.  This is an odd pattern I noticed.  I notice peoples patterns pretty well for some reason.  I don't know if maybe a lot of bad press on here about the M1 could have possibly been partially to blame for the MR1 not being a big enough thing or what really.  All is good my friend.

Cheers

Riley

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #6 of 10
I prefer the non touch screen music players, example: Lotoo Paw Gold.Hopefully someone can comment on the sound of this player soon or later.
Not many FGPA implementation for music player.Any idea what chip they actually using in MR1?

I do not know what chip is used.  I am not really up on technical stuff parts, graphs and specs wise.  I consider a lot of stuff like that a subjective personally.  If I like the sound, UI and operation and function then I like the device.  I think a lot of stuff is implementation of parts and specs myself.  I don't find parts, specs and graphs very helpful personally.  I cannot really understand them anyway so I rely on information from people using the device to see if it meets my use case.  I would love to hear the Lotoo Paw Gold someday, but the UI seems to tedious for me because I have a large library of close to 40k songs.

Cheers

Riley

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #9 of 10
  I see a few mentions of this dap on the M1 Esther threads every once in a while.  I don't know if most people really liked the M1 for the most part or not.  It seemed like a lot of people did not care for the M1 early on and now those people don't have too much activity in those threads and a few newer adopters seem to love it, but take this with a grain of salt or two.  This is an odd pattern I noticed.  I notice peoples patterns pretty well for some reason.  I don't know if maybe a lot of bad press on here about the M1 could have possibly been partially to blame for the MR1 not being a big enough thing or what really. 

The M1 series had some problems with build quality, UI & the sound was fatiguing for me.

heres a review i did a while back on the most expensive model.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/soundaware-m1-esther/reviews/17033

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #10 of 10

The M1 series had some problems with build quality, UI & the sound was fatiguing for me.

heres a review i did a while back on the most expensive model.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/soundaware-m1-esther/reviews/17033

Thanks.  That seems to be my basic understanding.  The Esther wasn't all that it was expected to be.  It doesn't seem very well liked on here for the most part and given the price of the MR1 a lot of people probably don't have enough faith in Soundaware to spend what they are charging for it.  It seems to risky right now for most people.  I don't know this first hand, but it is from following the thread.  Still am out of curiosity.

Thanks and good read

Riley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back