Soundtrack lovers (any one?)
Jun 6, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #46 of 56
I'm a major soundtrack lover.

My major favorites are Erich Kunzel and the Cincinnati Pops renditions of various Soundtrack classics and new classics.

It helps that the Telarc discs are well recorded.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ed

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #49 of 56
I am a big lover.... It´s pretty much unbeatable when you get a really nice soundtrack from a really nice movie. You can rewatch the movie by listening to the soundtrack!

James Horners back to Titanic
Some 3 cd western collection which is amazing with all the classics

Twin Peaks
Braveheart
Gladiator 2
Just recently I found Kill Bill volume 1... That is some very amazing song collection. Is Kill Bill 2s soundtrack as good?

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #50 of 56
OST lover...no doubt about it. Been listening to:

Transformers 1, 2
Bourne Trilogy
Dark Knight
The Rock
Gears of War 1, 2
MW2
AC2
Last Samurai
Top Gun
Speed

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #51 of 56
Pretty much anything by Thomas Newman. My first album was 'Meet Joe Black'.

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #52 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like some of Hans Zimmer's scores such as, Gladiator, Crimson Tide, and Pirates of The Caribbean.

Some of James Horner's scores are pretty good as well, Braveheart, and Titanic.

And of course, The Lord of The Rings, get the complete recordings.

I am surprised no one had mentioned the Gladiator soundtrack earlier. Also, thank-you for that tidbit milkweg. that piques my interest in Dead can Dance; I've heard of them but I don't think I've actually heard them before. Lisa Gerard's voice really carries.

Anyways, check out Hans Zimmer's you're so cool from the soundtrack of True Romance. As it were, I've actually never seen that film, just introduced to that soundtrack by a friend. A solid disc. I have been meaning to watch the film for years now..

I agree, also: Howard Shore did an exceptional job with Lord of the Rings! I am not (knowingly) familiar with James Horner; It's been years since I've seen those films listed.

Mar 16, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #53 of 56
i listen purely to soundtracks.  i've done so for the past 2 to 3 years.  i like epic sounding trailers.  iTunes has some good albums: Epic Score has an Epic Action & Adventure series [11 volumes].  Position Music has some.  Brand X Music and Future World Music each have an album.  Two Steps From Hell has two albums out, both are excellent.  Thomas Bergersen (from Two Steps From Hell) has an excellent album on iTunes, also.  Most companies cater only to businesses for use in production of movies, etc... but there's a company called Shockwave-Sound that you can buy from for private use.  unfortunately, their albums cost anywhere between $90 to $140.  I have their Massive Impact series.  Very good.
Quote:
In additional to the classical music that I enjoy for long time, I found movie soundtracks gradually become my new addition. They usually have great soundstage and recording, which brings great enjoyment with my head-fi gears. Anyhow, I would like to check if anyone also enjoys soundtracks and maybe share some great music (& movies) to listen.

For a start, I'll throw in my limited list (not in particular order):
* Vangelis, Antarctica
* Once upon a time in America
* The Big Blue
* The Secret Garden
* Titanic
* Dances with Wolves
* The Last of the Mohicans
* Rush (a little bit too blue too sad for me)

​

Mar 20, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #55 of 56
i thought highlander had one of the best movie soundtracks..it was done by queen from the it's a kind of magic album..also john carpenters escape from new york..rocky one and two..to name but a few..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back