Soundtrack lovers (any one?)
May 29, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #16 of 56
Eleni Karaindrou have composed the score for several of films by Theo Angelopoulos, really wonderful stuff, both on its own, and with the films.
The scores are released on ECM, which is in my experience a sign of quality in itself.

When it comes to soundtrack that isn't composed specifically for the one movie, Donnie Darko, the theatrical version, is my favourite. INXS, Echo and the Bunnymen, Joy Division…

May 29, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #18 of 56
Dunno if it really qualifies as a soundtrack, but I'm pretty much in love with UNKLE's "Edit Music For A Film".
It's like a big compilation of movie music, dialogues and special effects, all extracted from films.

May 29, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #19 of 56
Some good ones up there, Lost Highway in particular, Lynch has had a few peaches. Here are some of my faves:
  1. Winterschläfer
  2. High Fidelity
  3. The Last Time I Committed Suicide
  4. Habla con Ella

May 30, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #21 of 56
Much thanks guys for the great recommendation. Although some of the ST are apparently out of my normal watching/listening 'scope', but I'll definitely check it out. While I might be the older generation of this forum, I would never thought about look into the 1933's King Kong.
tongue.gif
Wow! thanks!!

More that I just think of
* March of the Penguins
* the Piano
* The Crying Game

May 30, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #23 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vangelis 1492 is brilliant

Hey, thanks for this Vagelis recommendation. I just discovered it due to your post and ordered the DVD and soundtrack.

Many thanks!

May 31, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #29 of 56
Absolute best in my book:
Amélie

I also like the soundtrack from Donnie Darko.

Jun 4, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #30 of 56
The best soundtrack I've ever heard is "Glory" by James Horner; it's haunting, complex and has the Harlem Boys' Choir that adds to the drama. I wish I had it in vinyl. Also Ennio Morricone's "The Mission" is top notch and I have a compilation of Spaghetti Westerns on LP from Japan that's one of my favorites. Also, you can't go wrong with Hans Zimmer's Crimson Tide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back