SoundStage! article on the Senn 650
Jul 1, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
If anyone's interested in another opinion of the Senn 650, SoundStage! just published one today:

http://www.soundstage.com/allinyourh...inyourhead.htm

Enjoy!

Very nice! Glad to see you have made it over to the dark side.
tongue.gif
Now you need to hear them with one of the SDS-XLR amps . They totally blow me away. They are also my favorite headphone so far.
600smile.gif

Jul 1, 2005 at 9:04 PM Post #3 of 11
Nice words Doug! First time (finally) I can see something made in Italy in a american magazine (RP5.1). Very interesting to know the differences with the two amps you have used to test the cans.

Best!
Nicola

Jul 1, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 11
"In fact, the Sennheiser HD 650s were so good that I sold my reference headphones and replaced them with the HD 650s, and I haven' regretted the decision for a second."

You sold your Stax Omega II's and replaced them with the HD650s?

Jul 1, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by PATB
You sold your Stax Omega II's and replaced them with the HD650s?

My editor made a small change to the article. It used to read Sony CD3000 as my reference cans, but he got rid of that line. It's been a year since I have heard my O2, and I'm looking forward to the day I get the new amp. I don't think I'll sell the O2 and new KGSS, but with me you never know...

Jul 1, 2005 at 10:32 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
Nice words Doug! First time (finally) I can see something made in Italy in a american magazine (RP5.1).

Best!
Nicola

If all goes well my next article will be about a RudiStor amp I currently have in house.
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2005 at 6:01 AM Post #9 of 11
I thought it was a nice review but I found two things I don't agree with. Sorry Doug, I just had to knit pick.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundstage! article
The color scheme had changed from a speckled black for the HD 600 to deep gold and gloss black for the HD 650.

The color of the HD650 is silver, there is nothing black or gold about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundstage! article
Each earpiece can be rotated about its vertical axis, pivoted along its horizontal axis, and either raised or lowered, all so that the pressure of each earpiece is more evenly spread out, thus reducing, or eliminating, the "clamping effect" some experienced with the HD 600s.

There is no difference between the headband or the earpieces between the HD600 and HD650. They both made from the same parts, only with different colors and hence have the same risk of "clamping effect" based on the head size of the user. The HD600 (and HD580) earpieces can be raised, lowered and pivoted horizontally in the same manner as those of the HD650.

Jul 2, 2005 at 6:40 AM Post #10 of 11
Patrick,

HeadRoom also lists the color scheme of the HD 650 as I do.
http://www.headphone.com/products/he...ser-hd-650.php
(Fourth line, second paragraph.) I think HeadRoom got this color scheme info from Senn, but I could be wrong.

The second is another editorial change made to my article. I never stated that the HD 650 headband was changed, but the edited version sounds that way. I'll see if I can reword it a bit, resubmit it, and make that portion sound better.

Thanks for the feedback and ideas!

Jul 2, 2005 at 8:14 AM Post #11 of 11
Good to hear you weren't offened. I was afraid of coming off like an ass.
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

But I still don't see how anyone could find gold or black on the HD650s. On the cable, yes, but the phones? Sure looks like a dull silver color to me. Am I missing something here?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back