Sounds cuts on Headphone jack when i rotate my phone or the jack, Why?
Mar 4, 2014 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

stop

New Head-Fier
The sound cuts completely in the left ear and sometimes in both, i dont get it, i dont even touch the cable, i can rotate my phone the the jack is connected to and it cuts it, and it can only be turned one way, if any of the others it doesnt work, same thing on my computer too, it is a replacement jack that i soldered on, i'm pretty sure it's solid nickle, but what can be causing this? is it a short of the wires or the jack itself?

Mar 5, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 9
Actually i think i know what caused it, initially the inside jack thing to my cell phone was messed up, somebody recommended that i dip a q-tip in alcohol and put it into it to clean it, i did that and then due to my impatience i put the headphone jack in and listened to music and then it started with my headphones, oh well

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 9
So you cleaned the jack and it worked for awhile? Or it didn't work at all? When I was reading your post I was thinking a dirty jack might be the cause, that happens to me from time to time.

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #4 of 9
  So you cleaned the jack and it worked for awhile? Or it didn't work at all? When I was reading your post I was thinking a dirty jack might be the cause, that happens to me from time to time.

Before it was just the jack, and so i cleaned it and now the plug to my headphones are messed up because i got alcohol on the jack i think, im thinking it did something to the metal, i looked closely at it today and one of the two rings on the jack had a crack on it, maybe thats it too?

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #5 of 9
The jack is probably damaged and now it has damaged your connector.  =X
Alcohol won't do that.

Mar 6, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #6 of 9
  Before it was just the jack, and so i cleaned it and now the plug to my headphones are messed up because i got alcohol on the jack i think, im thinking it did something to the metal, i looked closely at it today and one of the two rings on the jack had a crack on it, maybe thats it too?

Yeah, I agree with Mad Max. I don't think alcohol would have damaged anything. I've used it before to clean all kinds of audio equipment without any issues.

Mar 26, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #9 of 9
Update: So the problem got worse so I decided to take the jack apart and found that the solder was cracked, just got some soldering whick and removed it, but now it's coming back, i need a desoldering pump so badly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back