Soundmagic: Most fun sounding?
Dec 5, 2009 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Jozurr

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey.

I have a chance to get one of the soundmagic products. I wanted to ask.. from their entire lineup, which IEM is the the most "fun" sounding? Im looking for engaging kind of iems which fill me with music. I love clarity. I currently have the UHP606.. there are two things which I don't like.. the BIGGEST one being that I have to listen to music at high volumes to make them sound their best.. at lower volumes they tend to lose "details(?)". The second one being that I miss the bass which I like on my sennheiser HD-202s. I find the ksc-75s a little aggressive/pushy.

Keeping the above two problems in mind please recommend which one I should buy which would fulfill my needs.

Thanks.

Dec 5, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 7
Fun and bass like HD202, the PL21 sounds like the ticket. Clarity is pretty good but not great. I have the PL21 currently, and I did have the HD202 and the KSC75. based on what you said i would say the PL21 over the PL30 since the PL21 is closer to the Senn and the PL30 is closer to the Koss sound. The PL50 probably won't have enough bass for your liking though it has the best clarity.

Also good to get some tips like the Sony hybrids. Should improve the sound of both the PL21 and 606. And I believe they will fit on both though they will fit tight on the 606.

Dec 6, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #5 of 7
I have the pl21's and they are definitely very fun sounding. Fairly balanced and decent detail. To me, they have a very forward, "thick" sound.

Dec 6, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #7 of 7
Reading reviews of the PL21, I read that they're not detailed enough. That's one of my main concerns.. I love details and I miss the details being lost at low volumes on the UHP606. I can do with some "lesser" bass.. but MORE musical would be my choice so I enjoy them more. Also i have a feeling that the PL21 would be a little muddy?

Im wanting MORE bass than the UHP606 so I can feel it, and not lose out on clarity and airiness? How about the PL50s/PL30s?

Alot of bass gets in my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back