Soundmagic E80's - too much treble
Oct 23, 2016 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

O.D

Head-Fier
Am I the only one that thinks the e80's are too hot in the treble to be considered truly neutral? I'm trying to like these but I really think they are too bright for my taste. I'm satisfied with the bass...it could be quicker. Overall anyone else had this experience with these? One of the main reasons I was so stoked about these is the way they are built, they seem super durable. Do any IEM's in this price range that are durable and a bit warmer come to mind to recommend? I'm going to sell my e80's 

thanks

Oct 23, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #2 of 6
If I remember correctly the 80's have a big spike near 7kHz which most of us are sensitive to. Try turning the 7kHz signal down a few dB using EQ and see if that helps.

I am sure you have seen this, but take a look at joker's master IEM list. It should have you more than covered for finding the right IEM.

Warning: This link may lag your computer because it covers over 300 IEMs.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-352-iems-compared-pump-audio-earphones-added-04-03-16-p-1106

Oct 29, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #5 of 6
I don't have any eq on these. Im trying my best to adjust to them. So far- still too much high end for me. I still enjoy them just not exactly what I want in terms of an IEM i "Love". Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back