SoundMagic E30 from Brainwavz m1
Oct 25, 2011 at 9:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

-sandro-

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,
my Brainwavz are giving problems, the speakers started to not work randomly.
I was planning to upgrade to the M3 but I'm not that sure it's a good idea not because they won't be good, but not good enough for the money or for my expectations - $90. I recently bought the Sunrise Xcape IE for $90 and I had to return them because I kinda hated the sound.
I read people saying that from M1 to M2 to M3 is just minor upgrades that don't justify the price increase.

So I wondering how is the signature of the SM E30, I love the M1 one but the highs and mids are not that detailed.
Will the E30 give me a similar signature with better details?

If you have suggestions for $50 IEMs please do tell :D Remember I don't like AT ALL the sunrise signature which is a distant veiled sound.

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #3 of 21
Consider the MEElectronics A151. Amazon & Newegg both currently stock them at $48.

I'd recommend the Panasonic HJE900 but they're out of your price range.

What sort of music do you listen to?

[Based on what I read, the SoundMagic E30s are probably a solid choice for you, FYI.]

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 21
John Mayer,O.A.R, Switchfoot, Lifehouse mainly but every other genre too. I prefer a lot "instrumental songs" rather than electronic music so natural sound is a must, plus I love detailed sound and wide soundstage, open sound but balanced so no bass-light.

Has the E30 that "shell" shape fixed? I mean can't I use them like any other portable earbuds?

Oct 25, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #5 of 21
Seems like the MEElectronics A151 is not for me

"It is also a touch less crisp, producing smoother, thicker, slightly less transparent notes." sounds like another Sunrise to me:frowning2:

Oct 25, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #6 of 21

Quote:
Will the E30 give me a similar signature with better details?If you have suggestions for $50 IEMs please do tell :D Remember I don't like AT ALL the sunrise signature which is a distant veiled sound.

Never heard the Sunrise, but have to agree with Donut.  Unless they are getting married the A151s do not have a veil at all.  Very balanced sound and excellent throughout the spectrum.  I hesitated on them for a while from everything I read until I could not resist the Newegg sale anymore and pulled the trigger.  I'm glad I did.  I have thrown various genres at them and they are very smooth...

Also, you might want to look at the Xears offerings.  The XGF500PRO might be right up your alley in terms of sig you are looking for.  Very clear and detailed with great bass and mids...(There's a coupon code for their phones...If you're interested look in the Xears appreciation thread...)

That being said, I'm expecting delivery of the SM E10 & PL30 today.  Going to have a nice little throwdown tonight....lol

I need to get out of this place.....

Oct 26, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #12 of 21

Quote:
Well,i hated the E10 but loved the E30,and you can wear the E30's straight down too.

Same opinion here. Also, I found the e30 to be much more comfortable. Straight barrel designs tend to irritate my right ear greatly (monster turbines, etc.)

Quote:
Can the E30 be described as having a "fun sound"?

Of the iem's I've tried only the monter turbines and cc51's were comparable. Both of those were terribly uncomfortable for me however. The e30's are much more balanced than turbines. The cc51's sounded similar the but nozzle was huge my ear canals and started to hurt after a few minutes. For reference i've heard: mt, pl50, cc51, m6, er4s, e10, s4, radius atomic bass, metrofi 220, a151's, fx67, and a few more cheap sony's. The e30's and cc51's were my favorite but the e30 comfort takes it to another level. Comfort-wise the pl50 and fx67 are better but don't sound as good.

Oct 28, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #14 of 21
I don't know why,but they say E10 has more bass than E30,but when i auditioned it,it's bass was quite noticibly lesser than the E30.And E30 sibiliance VERY low,which i like.maybe i didn't get a good fit on E10,well,i do hear people saying the love their E10 Lol.SO I LOVE E30 AND NOT E10(i don't like straight barrel either.)

Oct 28, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #15 of 21
How about the new Brainwavz M4. It's a little brother of the b2 so it aims for detail/clarity but early impressions all show it has better bass than m1, but less than m2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back