Soundmagic e30 and bass response / seal issue
Feb 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

motorider

New Head-Fier
ive received my new IEM's... :)

however im having troubles getting a good seal. they did not come with the double flange ear pieces that the box says they should have. I did email soundmagic's customer support to see if they can send me some.

question is do you think they will help with the seal.  just as reference I have no problems with the skullcandy's making a great seal and having good isolation. I never used a double flange, just the medium stock tip.

I believe that the poor seal is the cause for the poor bass performance. overall so far I think they sound great, just very lacking in the bass department. I can get better bass if I force them into my ear canals further to get a better seal.

What are my options or do any of you have any suggestions?
thanks in advance

Feb 14, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #2 of 4
I had similar issues when I got my E30. Try using a larger tip. Rather than go for insertion like I would with a barrel style IEM (e.g the E10 where I can use medium sized tips), I used the largest tip in the pack just to seal off the entrance to the ear canal. I hope that makes sense, I'm not sure how well I've described it. If it does, I hope it's of use.

Paul.

Feb 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #3 of 4
actually I was using the largest tips. however I switched to the large tips with the smaller barrel opening and I got a better seal along with way better bass performance.

so far I am very impressed with the performance of these headphones.

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #4 of 4
I bought a pair of these at the same time as a set of VSonic GR02 BE's. The Vsonic's arrived earlier and blew me away with their bass. The E30's  went through some burn in and then were left to wait for their time. I had a quick listen and thought them to be bassless (if I don't have decent bass, I don't really care how good the rest of the sound signature is).

I recently bought some Compy's and thought I'd couple them. Found a much better seal and am now enjoying them. They don't seem to have the extension that the GR02 BE's have, but at this time, about 10 hours of burn and 2 of listening, they sound quite nice.

If you don't like them at first, its worth spending some time to get a good fit.

I'm listening to Jeff Buckley and Led Zeppelin, not artists that normally grab my ears, but they have an engaging sound for acoustic. Not bad for electro, but waiting to see if the bottom end opens up or fills out a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back