[Soundmagic E10] Scratchy sound on Right Earphone when pressed on my ears
Nov 17, 2016 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ryan Belnas

New Head-Fier
Hi!

So to cut to the point, I have this earphones for quite some time now and after a couple of months maybe I started having this issue with it that when I pressed the right earphone inside my ear, I would hear this scratchy noise but if I'm not doing anything on it then there's no problem. If I would move my head or something and then I hear it again. Even if its plugged or unplugged it still makes this noise. I tried changing the rubber caps but still no luck, the problem is still there. Tried cleaning both my ears and my right earphone, still no luck. Also, I did try to remove the rubber cap and inserted it directly on my ear, there was no scratchy noise even if I press it or move my head. 

Why is this happening? Can this even be fixed?

Thank you guys, I hope someone would notice my thread! Cheers!

PS: No, its not covered by any kind of warranty anymore.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #2 of 4
It might be the driver membrane flexing when you press the earphone into your ear, due to the pressure differential.

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #4 of 4
Well, it depends on the real cause.

If (IF) my suggestion is the correct cause, then no, there's no realistic way to fix that (unless you wanted to deliberately compromise the seal, but that would affect the bass response).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back