Soundcards with analog outputs?
May 16, 2006 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

100+ Head-Fier
Are there any soundcards with analog RCA outputs in the $150-200 range? I would like to use it to connect to a amp. I was thinking about getting a EMU 0404 and a breakout cable, but is there a better option? I am open to all suggestions. Please help, I really don't know anything about soundcards. Thanks for your thought.

Regards,
Kevin

May 16, 2006 at 6:42 AM Post #2 of 13
There are good SC in this range, but I can't recommed 0404, also M-Audio Revo 5.1, 2496

EMU1212 or Juli@ are good picks, but both need mighty rig

May 17, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xakepa
There are good SC in this range, but I can't recommed 0404, also M-Audio Revo 5.1, 2496

EMU1212 or Juli@ are good picks, but both need mighty rig

I was also thinking about the Juli. But one question, does the Juli@ have RCA analog outs? Or, would I have to use a special adapter to connect it directly to an amp? Thanks for the help.

May 17, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 13
FYI it's easy to get cables that go directly from any connector to any connector. I have a soundcard with stereo 1/8" TRS outputs and an amp with XLR inputs. I don't use an adapter, just a cable. I wouldn't worry too much about the connectors of the card, just find a card you like, and get the cables needed to hook it to your amp.

May 17, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #5 of 13
But one question, does the Juli@ have RCA analog outs?

Yes. There is a sub-board on the Juli@ that can be flipped around. It either provides fully balanced outputs on TRS connectors or unbalanced outputs on RCA.

The card works great in my office system.

Cheers

Thomas

May 17, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #6 of 13
Yes, I just ordered the Juli@. It has the RCA inputs/outputs and balanced 1/4" TRS inputs/outputs all directly on the card without the use of a breakout cable. Only the digital connections use the breakout cable.

May 17, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
Yes, I just ordered the Juli@. It has the RCA inputs/outputs and balanced 1/4" TRS inputs/outputs all directly on the card without the use of a breakout cable. Only the digital connections use the breakout cable.

Okay, so just to verify, I can use interconnects to connect the Juli@ to the amp directly.....If so, I think I will just get the Juli@. Thanks

May 17, 2006 at 2:02 PM Post #10 of 13
Well thats annoying. I already purchased the Juli@. But, from the looks of it, it will be cheaper than the Juli@, which is already not to expensive. So I guess I could always sell the juli@ if that one turns out to best it and the AP192 in terms of sound quality. Are the same dacs and opamps used with it with both the headphone output and the RCA output?

May 17, 2006 at 3:01 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
Well thats annoying. I already purchased the Juli@. But, from the looks of it, it will be cheaper than the Juli@, which is already not to expensive. So I guess I could always sell the juli@ if that one turns out to best it and the AP192 in terms of sound quality. Are the same dacs and opamps used with it with both the headphone output and the RCA output?

Looks like it's only available in Korea atm so I wouldn't worry - you can always wait for the next big thing and end up with nothing. It should be a good card though, with specs comparable to the EMU1212m (120dB) http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179036

Would be great for a small box in the living room as it's half-size and has standard RCA output which you can plug directly into your amp.

May 17, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #12 of 13
I might contact audiotrak, I really want that card. If it were only going to be available in korea, then why is all the writing on the card in english?

May 17, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #13 of 13
Wish me luck. I have sent out two e-mails. One to Audiotrak, asking if they plan on releasing the HD2 gold in the USA, and if not, was there any way I could special order it from them. I also sent out an e-mail to an online korean store (I hope they can read english!) that carrys the HD2 gold, asking if they could ship to the USA. If by some chance I am able to get it, I will sure post results
smily_headphones1.gif
The 1212m will not work for me -- I only have two PCI slots and one is being used for my TV tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back