[Soundcards] A2ZS Or T-Tec Aureon 7.1 Space
Aug 31, 2005 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

PDream

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all! :p

I am finally deciding for real what soundcard I want, but I need one more confirmination:

I want to game, listen to headphones and send (preferably COAX, but that seems to be impossible) audio to my (later to come) reciever. I want to listen to DVD's and CD's as well.

I am going to have to choose between the A2ZS and the Terratec Aureon 7.1 Space.

Which card do you guys recommend? I don't know how important the newest EAX is for games, if it really is neccesary for 5.1 to 7.1 sound...Any tips?

It would be easier for me to purchase the Terratec, but I want the cleverest card.

Aug 31, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr_eak
to have a balance between all your criteria, Terratec is your choice

the A2 is just too poor in music, and lack of bit-perfect out from digital

I also take it will work with 7.1 gaming? (Or at least 5.1? I have no room for 7.1) Because I need that as well, and dont feel like having three sound cards (on-board, terratec and a gaming sound card) in my system.

Aug 31, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by PDream
I also take it will work with 7.1 gaming? (Or at least 5.1? I have no room for 7.1) Because I need that as well, and dont feel like having three sound cards (on-board, terratec and a gaming sound card) in my system.

as you can from its name, yeah, it will do 7.1

gaming support might not be as gd as A2, but this is compensated with alot better music quality

Aug 31, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr_eak
as you can from its name, yeah, it will do 7.1

gaming support might not be as gd as A2, but this is compensated with alot better music quality

Well, I'll take the fact it will work for granted then, and make a call to modify my order. Thanks.

Aug 31, 2005 at 7:30 PM Post #6 of 12
I'll have to say (i'm in the minority here), get the A2zs.

Use software resampling to 48khz when playing back music. You'll be using a receiver digitally so it will bypass Audigys analog stage.

The plusses for terratec would be: 1. better analog stage (don't need as you will use digital) 2. no resampling (use software resampling for the a2)

Sep 1, 2005 at 7:51 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by maarek99
I'll have to say (i'm in the minority here), get the A2zs.

Use software resampling to 48khz when playing back music. You'll be using a receiver digitally so it will bypass Audigys analog stage.

The plusses for terratec would be: 1. better analog stage (don't need as you will use digital) 2. no resampling (use software resampling for the a2)

I'd just like to point out that the digital out of the A2ZS is not bitperfect either, which seems to be quite a problem point. Also, I have chosen for real now, also let the fact that the Terratec will make my new computer come a week earlier play a small role. I think I'll be happy with the Aureon, now I'll only need to figure out how I'm going to connect everything, but that's of a later problem.

Sep 1, 2005 at 9:01 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by PDream
I'd just like to point out that the digital out of the A2ZS is not bitperfect either, which seems to be quite a problem point. Also, I have chosen for real now, also let the fact that the Terratec will make my new computer come a week earlier play a small role. I think I'll be happy with the Aureon, now I'll only need to figure out how I'm going to connect everything, but that's of a later problem.

Since I have no clue on this problem point lying here on this (suppose this is something to do with external DACs they are using), but I want to know; can all receivers, equipped with digital input, input/read bit-perfect signal?

jiitee

Sep 1, 2005 at 2:37 PM Post #9 of 12
Prodigy 7.1(non LT beacause LT version have some problem with driver)........is much better than both AU and terratec
wink.gif
you can find review compare between terractec and Prodigy,Prodigy is good for game and in my own opinion is even better than M-audio audiophile192 and some other card I owned

Sep 1, 2005 at 4:38 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kytuphicanh
Prodigy 7.1(non LT beacause LT version have some problem with driver)........is much better than both AU and terratec
wink.gif

This would only be driver wise, not sound wise. The analog section of both Prodigy 7.1 and Aureon Space should be 100% identical, actually the Aureon will largely work (except for digital in) with Prodigy drivers when reflashed.

Sep 1, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
This would only be driver wise, not sound wise. The analog section of both Prodigy 7.1 and Aureon Space should be 100% identical, actually the Aureon will largely work (except for digital in) with Prodigy drivers when reflashed.

Nope,I used terratec aureon firewire too and Prodigy much better than terratec
biggrin.gif
You mean all envy24 based have same sound
redface.gif
even Prodigy and Prodigy LT not have the same sound quality
tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 6:28 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kytuphicanh
Nope,I used terratec aureon firewire too and Prodigy much better than terratec
biggrin.gif
You mean all envy24 based have same sound
redface.gif
even Prodigy and Prodigy LT not have the same sound quality
tongue.gif

... and even Prodigy an Prodigy can have different sound quality ...
gigi.gif

jiitee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back