Soundcard to Amp questions
Jun 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Soundfreak33

100+ Head-Fier
Ok guys kinda new to headphones and amps.  Here is my situation, i have a HTPC computer its has a blu ray player, X -Fi Titanium HD sound card, i just got the AKG K550s Headphones.  So my question is am im going to benifit from a amp, i run all my music and blu rays sound  and satilite cable tv thru my X-FI Titanium HD sound card, i think it does a pretty dam good job.  I see people using amps to really drive there headphones and get better sound, so is this something you think i would benifit from ? if so can you recommed a portable amp that might improve my listening exp.  Thanks for your time.

Jun 11, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Ok guys kinda new to headphones and amps.  Here is my situation, i have a HTPC computer its has a blu ray player, X -Fi Titanium HD sound card, i just got the AKG K550s Headphones.  So my question is am im going to benifit from a amp, i run all my music and blu rays sound  and satilite cable tv thru my X-FI Titanium HD sound card, i think it does a pretty dam good job.  I see people using amps to really drive there headphones and get better sound, so is this something you think i would benifit from ? if so can you recommed a portable amp that might improve my listening exp.  Thanks for your time.

The Creative Labs Titanium HD is a good sound card, but the high impedance of it's headphone jack is not the best for low Ohm headphones (AKG K550 is 32-Ohm).
Fiio E11 portable headphone amplifier has a lower impedance, better for 32-Ohm headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back