Soundcard should be able to drive PortaPros, right?
May 16, 2003 at 9:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Patrickhat2001

1000+ Head-Fier
Alright, currently the integrated soundcard that came with my computer can't run my Koss PortaPros without an amp. But if I get an M-Audio Revolution soundcard will that be able to drive the PPs to adequate levels? I really don't want to have to buy an amp this early in my headphone adventure.
biggrin.gif

If I do have to buy an amp I'd likely just buy a portable Meta42 so I would be fully prepared when I get a pair of Etymotic ER-4S someday. But that is about $200 I really don't want to spend right now.

Thanks y'all.

May 16, 2003 at 11:13 AM Post #2 of 4
hey..yeah..shouldn't be a problem driving the portas off a decent soundcard...

Quote:

But that is about $200 I really don't want to spend right now

Hmm..i would suggest you run away from this forum and never come back if you don't wanna spend any more money! Seriously..this place is dangerous
smily_headphones1.gif

May 16, 2003 at 11:50 AM Post #3 of 4
I don't think you should worry about an amp to power PortaPros. If you really do want one, consider the Supermini or a CMOY? Don't have to go all-out and buy a meta for those cans.

May 16, 2003 at 5:32 PM Post #4 of 4
Cheap-ass soundcards have trouble driving any sort of headphone. Either upgrade your soundcard or amp through your speakers (if they have an output jack). I'd reccomend upgrading the soundcard, because that way you'll get better source sound as well as decent amplification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back