Soundcard needed?
Jan 10, 2011 at 12:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Great Sound

Head-Fier
Hello there head-fi-ers this is my first post.well here it goes.

I want to purchase a soundcard but have absolutely no idea where to start(internal,external,brand,model,price,etc)
I use my Creative inspire t-10 speakers(need replacement for that too),Sennheiser MX880  and my Creative Fatal1ty headset(gaming purpose only).I was thinking about the creative X-fi titanium (i love creative).
Is a good soundcard going to "enhance"the very low bass frequencies too,because i love bass that u can "feel"
I dont consider myself an audiophile but i like good sound.On board sound does make a difference told a friend of mine.

I hope someone can give me some advice on this subject.
thanks in advance.

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #2 of 3
Howdy,
     What are you looking to do with your soundcard? Do you do a lot of gaming, or music listening? Knowing that will help everyone suggest what is right for you. Also, do you have any free PCI slots in your computer for an internal card (I am assuming you are talking about a desktop and not a laptop)? No free slots means you will have to go with an external.

Jan 10, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 3
Sorry that i didnt mentioned what i was going to do with the sound card.
Music is the most important thing so the sound card must be good for music.I game too but i have a dedicated headset for that so that doesnt matter.I dont havew ANY free PCI slote left so external it is.the main use of it is listening to music with intense clarity and a smooth but not muddy bass(sorry just HAD to sound audiophile like :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back