Soundcard Help.
Sep 22, 2013 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Vague

Head-Fier
Hello, Looking for a soundcard that is good for FPS gaming and movies. I have three in mind the now, Asus Essence STX, Asus Phoebus and the Creative sound blaster ZxR. What one would you guys recommend? 

Sep 23, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #2 of 3
  Hello, Looking for a sound card that is good for FPS gaming and movies. I have three in mind the now, Asus Essence STX, Asus Phoebus and the Creative sound blaster ZxR. What one would you guys recommend? 

Instead of the Essence STX & Phoebus, get the Xonar DX or D1, same audio processor (CMI8788) as the STX
Phoebus comes with a revision of the CMI8788, the CMI8888.
You can get a used Xonar DX or D1 for around $50-$60.
Then get a Schiit Magni headphone amplifier, $99, plug it into the DX/D1.
The Magni give you a volume knob at your finger tips and can be used with more then just the computer.
Also as the Magni has a very low headphone output impedance (less then 1-Ohm), it does a little better job at driving lower Ohm headphones.

The SB-ZxR (Sound Blaster ZxR) uses the same headphone amplifier (TI 6120) as the STX & Phoebus.

Sep 23, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 3
  Instead of the Essence STX & Phoebus, get the Xonar DX or D1, same audio processor (CMI8788) as the STX
Phoebus comes with a revision of the CMI8788, the CMI8888.
You can get a used Xonar DX or D1 for around $50-$60.
Then get a Schiit Magni headphone amplifier, $99, plug it into the DX/D1.
The Magni give you a volume knob at your finger tips and can be used with more then just the computer.
Also as the Magni has a very low headphone output impedance (less then 1-Ohm), it does a little better job at driving lower Ohm headphones.

The SB-ZxR (Sound Blaster ZxR) uses the same headphone amplifier (TI 6120) as the STX & Phoebus.

Yeah i think i will get the DX or D1 With Objective o2 amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back