Soundcard + Headphones
Aug 25, 2010 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

X-Fi

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone.
bigsmile_face.gif

First of all, sorry for my english (i´m from Portugal...) and in top of that, im new here...

I want to buy a pair of headphones and a soundcard for my pc (mainly for movies, music and some gaming maybe...)

I´m currently choosing between Auzentech X-Fi Forte or Asus Essence ST soundcards and Sennsheiser HD555`s or HD595`s headphones. However, I´m having some doubts at the moment...

1- Since i´m getting HD555 or 595`s, I will notice a better sound quality if i pick Essence over Forte?

2- On Sennsheiser`s homepage, they say that HD555`s are "Ideal for home cinema & music" why? HD595`s aren´t better? They also say, that HD555`s are featured with a "sorround reflector"... HD595 are not also?

3- Someone said, in another forum, that Audio Technica ATH -M50 are superior to HD595`s. (Does this comparison make sense? Is it true?)

4- Should I also consider another headphones?

Thanks in advance, any help would be useful.
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 29, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 3
Mais um tuga por aqui
wink.gif

The HD595 are pretty good for movies and games out of a Xonar D2X with Dolby Headphone enabled (and good with music with DH disabled), so I imagine they'd be even better with the Essence. As far as I know, the differences between the 555 and 595 are minimal (lots of info about this around here).

Never heard the Auzentech nor the M50, so can't help you with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back