Soundcard for Senn. HD598
May 13, 2012 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

relaxedfire

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. I need some help deciding on a sound card for the Sennheiser HD598 that i'm getting soon.

I play fps games at a competitive level, and listen to some house/electro music. I've narrowed my search down to two sound cards:

Asus Xonar STX

or

Creative X-FI Titanium HD

So, any input guys? Will it sound good with either one?

May 13, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:
Hey guys. I need some help deciding on a sound card for the Sennheiser HD598 that i'm getting soon.
I play fps games at a competitive level, and listen to some house/electro music. I've narrowed my search down to two sound cards:
Asus Xonar STX or Creative X-FI Titanium HD
So, any input guys? Will it sound good with either one?

Both cards are about equal sound quality wise.
I'm an Asus fan, but you might as well get the Titanium HD for FPS gaming.
HD598 should work fine.

Asus just came out this week with the Asus Phoebus "gaming" card, might at least read up on a few reviews on it before buying anything.

May 14, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 10
Either is entirely suitable here. The big question is basically Dolby Headphone or CMSS; both are excellent, I slightly preference CMSS but honestly they both work fantastic.

The X-Fi Titanium HD is probably going to cost less, as they're being closed out. But with the new Asus card that PurpleAngel mentions, that's likely to mean Asus prices going down too. Basically I'd get which is cheaper.

May 14, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
Either is entirely suitable here. The big question is basically Dolby Headphone or CMSS; both are excellent, I slightly preference CMSS but honestly they both work fantastic.
The X-Fi Titanium HD is probably going to cost less, as they're being closed out. But with the new Asus card that PurpleAngel mentions, that's likely to mean Asus prices going down too. Basically I'd get which is cheaper.

Where did you hear that the T-HD (Titanium HD) is being closed out?
Any info on what might be replacing the T-HD?

May 14, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #5 of 10
Where did you hear that the T-HD (Titanium HD) is being closed out?
Any info on what might be replacing the T-HD?

Recon3D. It's been out for a little while now. Actually a pretty good card.

Given that all of the other X-Fi products have gone the way of the do-do, and aren't being restocked, I'm logically assuming the Titanium HD PCIe is just last up in many dealers' stocks (likely due to the relatively high price and more recent release date).

May 14, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
Recon3D. It's been out for a little while now. Actually a pretty good card.
Given that all of the other X-Fi products have gone the way of the do-do, and aren't being restocked, I'm logically assuming the Titanium HD PCIe is just last up in many dealers' stocks (likely due to the relatively high price and more recent release date).

The new Recon3D are not as good a sound card as the Titanium HD,
one can only hope they come out with a newer Titanium HD with a built-in 600-Ohm headphone amplifier.

May 14, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #7 of 10
If not for the noise problem on the STX @ 44.1 kHz (only with sensitive earphones), it would be the best soundcard for music.

May 14, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
The new Recon3D are not as good a sound card as the Titanium HD,
one can only hope they come out with a newer Titanium HD with a built-in 600-Ohm headphone amplifier.

And good driver support (Win 8..). I could get used HD with 60€ (Retail 150~), but don't wanna any internal creative cards and **** warranties.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back