Soundcard dedicated to gaming only.
Jul 3, 2005 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Alu

Headphoneus Supremus
See topic. My budget limit is 100 bucks, but I'd prefer to get it cheaper. I was thinking about an emu 0404 which I can get for 97€ but since I'm only using the card for gaming I figured it might be a waste of money.

Also a nice not all too expensive closed for games only set of cans would be appreciated.

EDIT: In fact, I wonder whether the onboard sound of the Asus A8N SLi Del. might not be enough alright...
I also should consider creative products here shouldn't I? As long as they're well with games, I could go with them as well.

Jul 3, 2005 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 4
well if it's only for gaming... you can't beat an Audigy.. i've seen the Audigy2ZS in your price range

Jul 3, 2005 at 6:38 PM Post #3 of 4
Ah, that's what I was thinking...good then...that card it is.

How about closed gaming cans?

EDIT: I think that the sennies HD280 would be a wise choice for this. Agree?

EDIT: So HD280+Audigy2ZS = decent for gaming?

EDIT: (again...I just don't like new posts) It's already on order.
tongue.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 6:57 AM Post #4 of 4
I had the Senn 280's for awhile and while very accurate, they were also very tight...literally. I felt as if my head were going to explode, lol! For gaming imo...you can't beat the Beyer's. Either the 250-80's or 770's. The main reason is the comfort level. Vinyl on the ear doesn't feel sexy after 3 hours of maddening Battlefield 2, that's for sure.

The most comfy phones I've used are the 580's, but they're open and leak sound in from my P4 based machine. Perhaps if you're runnin' a dothan/amd you'd be ok
lambda.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back