Soundcard, AMP/DAC with philips fidelio x2
Dec 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #16 of 29
If your sound card is good the Fidelios will sound just fine. I actually used X2 with E10K, but the highs were too sharp and defined to the point of becoming fatiguing. I actually liked more the sound of the x2 without amp or with my phone, warmer.

Anyway, you'll need an amp with a maximum of 4 Ohm of output impedance to pair well with the 32 Ohm X2.

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #17 of 29
  Sorry for seeming so indecisive, just want to be as sure as possible that I'm getting the right gear. :)

I got another tip, to get the Aune t1 DAC/amp, and just download Razer surround for free. Any thoughts on this? 

The Aune T1 has an output impedance of 10-Ohms, not perfect for the Philips, but might still make the headphones sound nice.

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #18 of 29
The Aune x1 MKII has an output of 2ohms, would you rather use that, than the xonar + fiio?
http://en.auneaudio.com/html/en_products/NewDesign/X-Series/35_10.html
Both options will cost roughly the same.

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #19 of 29
Sorry to ask here too but, I also recently received the X2's as well. I love this thing. Now I'm looking for an amp/dac combo. Would the JDS Lab O2+Dac be better than the Modi/Magni? Thank you ^^

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #22 of 29
I am looking for a dac/amp for my x2 too.
I read about dragonfly, ibasso (but I read its bright probably not so good for x2), denon da300usb (but it's a bit expensive) o2+odac and idsd nano.

Can anyone help me too decide, probably you know a better matching external dac/amp ?

Thanks

Feb 14, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #25 of 29
I am gonna buy a iDSD nano, it will be used the most time with a pc/laptop but i think it has a good value for money. All i read was positive about the iDSD nano, while i read a lot about cracking sound at certain volumes etc. at Fulla.

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #26 of 29
I'm using the Monoprice DAC/Amp to power my X2's. It runs for about $100. It is my first experience using a DAC/Amp, and I can't believe how much is opens up the soundstage and clarity of the music. 

Jun 3, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #27 of 29
What did you all end up buying?
I'm going to buy the X2's too for gaming and looking for a dac/amp/soundcard, I have a mini-itx mobo so I want to completely bypass its soundcard but I would like to have Dolby Headphone, which excludes the normal dac/amp options I usually see mentioned here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back