Soundblaster X-FI VS M-Audio Revo 7.1
Nov 21, 2006 at 3:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kryogen

100+ Head-Fier
I have a Revo 7.1 and I've read pretty good reviews about the Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Music.

What do you guys think? I use a minijack to RCA out into my amp, then I've got 2 bookshelf speakers and grado headphones.

Will the xfi give me better sound quality? (plus it's better in 3d positioning in games), but I'm just wondering about the sound quality.

Thanks

Nov 21, 2006 at 7:39 AM Post #2 of 9
Don't have a faith in reviews
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryogen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(plus it's better in 3d positioning in games)

That's not X-Fi's better positionning, but EAX 5 better positionning.

Stick to your Revo 7.1, there is very few difference in SQ between it and the X-Fi XM ( and the Revo don't resample unnecessarily ). Besides a Revo 5.1 would be a better upgrade ( but not really worth once more.. )

Nov 21, 2006 at 12:25 PM Post #4 of 9
high bitrate mp3s on the revo 7.1, or ripped cds(full quality).

(revo 7.1 is bad at 3d positioning, my old SB Live was waayyy better than the revo, but the sound quality was bad).

So, worth it or not?

Nov 21, 2006 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryogen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(revo 7.1 is bad at 3d positioning, my old SB Live was waayyy better than the revo, but the sound quality was bad).

Surprising, Sensaura positionning is much more sophisticated than the basic panning for Live..

Nov 22, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #6 of 9
No clue why, but I really noticed I could not tell where the sound came from anymore with the revo.

What about sound quality? is the xfi better than the revo or not ?

Nov 23, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azultra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Surprising, Sensaura positionning is much more sophisticated than the basic panning for Live..

But EAX has way better reverb than sensaura. Sensaura sucks at doing anything dsp like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back