32 bit

Vs

X7
January 2015 release date
$300
192 khz
127 db
24 Bit

Why is this twice as much? Isn't more bit a good thing?, as well as db... And 7.1... I guess I should be asking what role kilohertz has with the audio? Or does x7 have some fancy stuff I'm missing?

And I guess what I really should be asking is, is it better? Even just a little... I would assume a product 3.5 years newer is going to have better tech? Just normally get what you pay for so strikes ne as odd that the x7 is double price and way older... Help?

Dec 14, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 3
Unless you know of a good reason for needing the Creative X7, like a need to hook up unpowered speakers, get the G6

Jan 4, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #3 of 3
Why is this [X7 vs G6] twice as much? Isn't more bit a good thing?, as well as db... And 7.1... I guess I should be asking what role kilohertz has with the audio? Or does x7 have some fancy stuff I'm missing?

X7 has a semi-powerful amplifier that can drive loudspeakers and much more insensitive headphones.

If you only use standard gaming headphones with your soundcard OR self-powered loudspeakers, you'd probably be better off getting G6.

If you need more power to drive harder to drive headphones AND/OR use passive loudspeakers and switch between headphones/loudspeakers, then X7 might be more of your cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back