Soundbar vs dedicated speakers
Aug 1, 2022 at 10:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Pavillion

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to add either a soundbar or speakers for my pc setup. I need something relatively small as my deskspace is not that large. Currently looking at the Sonos Beam (Gen 2) or the Audioengine A2+. They would be for mix usages from music, gaming and tv/movies. Anyone have experience with these products? Or any other recommendations?

Aug 1, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #2 of 6
for desktop, speakers are an option, there small. where a sound bar shines is when one doesn't want living room speakers, assuming that's the tv room, and a bar fits great where the tv monitor sits. plus bars can throw sound well. bose 3.1 nice and yamaha throws great 3d. The question is internal dac and wireless speakers like Kef cost a few bucks.....

Aug 1, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #3 of 6
I found a higher end pair of speakers called iLoud Micro Monitors
Forgot to mention, my music taste varies, but mostly rock, pop and some hip hop. Currently use HD 6XX with Grace SDAC with O2 amp

Aug 2, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #5 of 6
The primary reason for a soundbar is to better project a stereo image and soundstage with a large, flat-screen TV. Put a very-wide, flat object that completely covers the space between two speakers and without extensive acoustic design of the space to correct for such an interruption, the stereo effect/soundstage will suffer.

None of that applies with something like a PC ... ordinarily. If you're using a very large, wide-screen monitor, a sound bar might be a good idea.

Aug 2, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #6 of 6
don't write off a pair of old used bookshelf speakers and an affordable amp/receiver combo. you can likely get something that is leagues ahead of the Audioengine in sound quality, for less money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back