Sound tube measurement (IEM)
Mar 6, 2006 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JamieBirkin

New Head-Fier
Hi there-

Having read a lot about (and owning) the Senn cx-300's I was wondering if anyone could quickly measure the sound tube on their IEM (doesn't matter which one, Shure, Westone, Ety etc) and post the size in mm? Just wondering what tips might fit the cx-300's and don't want to buy a load to find that they are all too small/large.

Just so you know, the Senn sound tubes appear to be around 5.5mm in diameter (that is using a plastic ruler though!)

Cheers,

Jamie B

Mar 6, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #4 of 6
I had a quick look at the thread reviewing the Senn cx-300 on this site, and the sound tubes of the Sony 71/81 and the cx-300(to the naked eye) in the picture supplied by the poster look VERY similar in diameter. I would have guessed that any tips that fit the Sony should also fit the Senn- if that is the case, what tips fit the Sony ex71/81? Cheers, a bewildered Jamie

Mar 7, 2006 at 11:17 AM Post #6 of 6
UE's SF tip will fit but will be loose. You'll need something to hold them tightly in place to enhance the isolation. I use a rubber washer to hold them in place. I've tried UE's biflange on a CK7, HJE50 and EP630. It sounds great on a CK7 but not so good for the other 2. All 3 models should have the same sound nozzles size as a CX300.

DSC02204640x480.jpg

Edit:
You might want to try E2's tip? They might fit. I'm looking for a pair of E2 grey flex sleeve to try too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back