"sound solution" for DT770s
Feb 22, 2014 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

M0rSalis

New Head-Fier
Hey there, first of all i'm well aware that there are a lot of similiar topics about DT770/880/990, but i really need direct advice. After like two days of searching every possible forum and website, i'm starting to grow grey hair.

After lot of research i decided to buy DT 770s pro 80 or 250 Ohm version, since then i was looking all over the internet for suitable sound-card or external amp for around 60-80$. Candidates so far are Creative Sound Blaster Z / Recon3D, ASUS Xonar DG / DSX. Some say that all these should drive 250 Ohms Beyer's to their full potential, others that it would need an external amp (and theres another buttload of arguing which amp to use) , i really don't know what to make of it anymore. At this point I'm seriously considering buying just the 80 Ohm version with one of these sound-cards and be done with it (yet on many reddit threads they argue that even 80 Ohms Beyer's benefit a lot from an external amp with good sound-card), but i would rather go with 250 Ohm version if i could sort out the rest of setup within reasonable price. So I'm pretty lost at this point and any help would be just great.

Usage: a lot of gaming and music/movies

Feb 22, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 3
I've got the 80 ohm version of the DT770 pro, and I've been using them with a Xonar DG. I should have a Schiit stack by this upcoming Wednesday, and then I'll be able to weigh in if you still haven't made a decision by that point.

Feb 22, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #3 of 3
  Hey there, first of all i'm well aware that there are a lot of similiar topics about DT770/880/990, but i really need direct advice. After like two days of searching every possible forum and website, i'm starting to grow grey hair.

After lot of research i decided to buy DT 770s pro 80 or 250 Ohm version, since then i was looking all over the internet for suitable sound-card or external amp for around 60-80$. Candidates so far are Creative Sound Blaster Z / Recon3D, ASUS Xonar DG / DSX. Some say that all these should drive 250 Ohms Beyer's to their full potential, others that it would need an external amp (and theres another buttload of arguing which amp to use) , i really don't know what to make of it anymore. At this point I'm seriously considering buying just the 80 Ohm version with one of these sound-cards and be done with it (yet on many reddit threads they argue that even 80 Ohms Beyer's benefit a lot from an external amp with good sound-card), but i would rather go with 250 Ohm version if i could sort out the rest of setup within reasonable price. So I'm pretty lost at this point and any help would be just great.

Usage: a lot of gaming and music/movies

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250-Ohm headphones.
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card

Users who are viewing this thread

Back