Sound Signiture Difference Between AD500 and AD700? Closed vs Open? A Few Questions Inside...
Feb 23, 2008 at 11:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Baines93

Headphoneus Supremus
I have been looking for a good allrounder, read this thread, http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/wha...e-65-a-298607/

Basically all the Grado fan boys came out :p

All along i believe the AD700's were best/good for me, but i can only afford the 500's used.

Basically i don't really want grado, due to its rock signiture, uncomfort etc.

I cant afford AD700's so what is lacking in the 500's? Is the signiture totally different?

Also what is the difference in signiture between open and closed in the 700 series, as the same applies to the 500 i guess?

Which is more comfortable?

Are they both ok (AD500/A500) ampless? They will be used with my laptop, which is a nice warm source and is great with er6i's. It makes them much warmer and fuller sounding. Just dont like using my IEM's at home.

Want a full sized headphone!

Thanks In Advance.

Matt

Feb 24, 2008 at 11:24 AM Post #3 of 4
not too many people have tried AD500s I wouldn't think...since AD700s are so close in price. I dont think many people tried and had both AD500s and AD700s.

A-series (closed) generally have stronger bass than AD counterparts, with slightly recessed mids IMO. AD700 is a better all-rounder than A700s.

And yes, they are extremely comfortable, save for cheap pleather pads. And most of AT's (save for few high-ends) sound great unamped

Feb 24, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not too many people have tried AD500s I wouldn't think...since AD700s are so close in price. I dont think many people tried and had both AD500s and AD700s.

A-series (closed) generally have stronger bass than AD counterparts, with slightly recessed mids IMO. AD700 is a better all-rounder than A700s.

And yes, they are extremely comfortable, save for cheap pleather pads. And most of AT's (save for few high-ends) sound great unamped

At 15 i just cant justify the £25-£40 in price used. Also everyone thinks it is mad and excessive. Wish someome would just give a poor young 15 year old a great deal
wink.gif

Ad's have velour pads, so they look more comfy too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back